Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

needed - Find & Replace on multiple HTML files

• 10-05-2005 4:16pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We've a coupla hundred html files with absolute hyperlinks.

Anyone know an app that will allow them to be changed preferably from the command line ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭cormy

If the files are on a unix box ....
    $ for I in `find /htmlfilesroot -name *.html`    ## Use the 'find' criteria you need
    > do
    > cat $I | sed 's/<old path>/<new path>/g' > tempfile
    > cp tempfile $I
    > done

Might want to back up the html files first though ;-)

[edit=CM] - undeleted - it's nice to see the alternatives [/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Wild Edit![/url]
    Thanks
    CrippleWare - €31 if the file is more than 10KB (they are mostly small.)
    /methinks I'll have a look for SED for windows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭de8o

I use a tool called filescan. Freeware. However I can't find it on the web now. I can send you a copy if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭de8o

found filescan

Filescan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

dreamweaver does it..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages.html - decided to use sed instead

You end up with this sort of thing (not debuged)
    for /R %%i in (*.htm?) do sed -r s£file:///X:/folder%%20name£/£ %%i %%i.BAK

Walk through folders
    two %'s because in a batch file - NB. a space is now %%20
    £ - because the symbol after s is the delimiter and Find "£" filename returned nothing

Advertisement