Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queer beers - The Dragon, Friday June 10th

Options
  • 10-05-2005 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

Since theres seems to be enough interest. Please answer the poll.

Multiple voting is premitted, please mark all the dates you can make, and we'll go with the most popular. Also closer to the date please post to confirm attendance. If anybody has any other suggestions please post them as well.

What dates can you make and what Venues do you like 73 votes

front lounge
    0%
    Yello
    8%
    azezilStarkmoridinrsynnottfortysixand2gireland 6 votes
    Gubu
    5%
    solicersynnottnewgrangefortysixand2 4 votes
    Dragon(pick me)
    9%
    azezilsegadreamcastmoridinixoyrsynnottnewgrangefortysixand2 7 votes
    Isolates Tower(spelled wrong. The pub beside the stages head)
    21%
    swissStarkBostonmoridinNevynhazimelAnnasopraixoyrsynnottTCamensidekickdictatorcatblobertVikingsFitnessIrelandcat_rant 16 votes
    Friday may 20th 8pm onwards
    1%
    rsynnott 1 vote
    Friday june 10th 8pm onwards
    6%
    azezilhazimelixoydamienfortysixand2 5 votes
    Saturday june 11th 8pm onwards
    20%
    azezilswissStarkBostonmoridinNevynhazimelixoyrsynnottTCamendictatorcatnewgrangeblobertfortysixand2gireland 15 votes
    Friday june 17th 8pm onwards
    12%
    azezilStarkBostonmoridinhazimelAnnasopraixoyrsynnottfortysixand2 9 votes
    Saturday june 18th 8pm onwards
    13%
    BostonmoridinhazimelAnnasopraixoyrsynnottnewgrangefortysixand2FitnessIrelandcat_rant 10 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭fortysixand2

Darn it, left out Dragon when I voted cause I couldn't remember which bar it was, then suddenly went "oh!" after voting :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'm sure Liouville will be happy to edit the poll and include you.

Edit: I've changed the poll by adding an extra vote to the Dragon. Couldn't make your name show up on it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I can't edit the poll, can I?

Hehe, muchly appreciated, Stark :) Thankee!

Okay, I'll think we'll set it at Friday June 10th in The Dragon

• Advertisement

Someone wants to know about the sake, any opinions.

Right, Dragon is booked for friday june 10th. 8pm onwards. I made a booking for 15 - 20 people. I'll probably drop in close to the date to make sure everything is on the ball, but its sounded quiet good over the phone. If anybody can think of anything else let me know.

btw Dragon is on South Great Georges St for those that didn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

15-20... thats ambitious, last one we had, 6? heh

Yep, I had that in mind. But we have 11 people now that say they can make it on the date, and it looks like we'll get afew straights as well. I'll most likely be bringing at least one or two other people, and I hope others do the same. It's why I asked people to post back closer to the date, maybe a week before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Hi, I'm not sure yet but I might be in Dublin that week, if so could I come?
    And is that the same street "the george" is on, I don't know Dublin all that well. :o

• Advertisement

Yes to both questions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

I can go to wherever (Dragon) on either dates - 10th/11th. I'm all new to this so hopefully won't feel like a right plonker. Whereabouts on St Great Georges St is Dragon? Not normally down that way but do know where The George is, as do most people in Dublin but many pretend they don't! So am I one of the lucky 11 that Liouville mentioned???

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The Dragon is just further down (or is that up?) on Georges St (moving away from Dame Street). It's on the same side as the George. It's the pub formerly known as Sosume and has a nice big rainbow flag outside to make it easy to identify.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

Thanking you. So will I know who you guys and gals are when I see you? Don't want to be walking round the place like a lost cause looking for people that I don't even know :eek:

Louiville has a booked a spot for us. We'll try and think of some other identifying marker like a cute teddy bear or something for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Is this the place they called Sosume's? So they call it the Dragon now eh,.... get it the DRAG ON. hahaha

I booked it in my name. which is Joe, so if totally lost, ask at the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Is this the place they called Sosume's? So they call it the Dragon now eh,.... get it the DRAG ON. hahaha

I would have thought it was more along the lines of: George and the dragon

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Saturday june 11th 8pm onwards
    Might not make it on June 10th, but I voted anyway - *might* have to go up to Belfast that day, not 100% sure yet -- I'll prob have a better idea by Wednesday/Thursday next week and post again. :)

I've tried to do some banned adds. One of them is transparent, instead of just deciding on black. It would be nice if one of the moderators could get them linked to this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Love the Queer Duck one.

Heres another one.

Could people that are coming to this start replying. Don't want myself and stark to be the only ones to show up, people would start to talk. Especially after reserving a section.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Oh well I'll definetely be there since it's just a hop, skip, and a jump (repeated multiple times) from me.

Well, I shall put in an appearance at the least. I'm kinda worried about not knowing anyone though :o *is not good in random groups of relative strangers* But I shall soldier on! :D

Well, I shall put in an appearance at the least. I'm kinda worried about not knowing anyone though :o *is not good in random groups of relative strangers* But I shall soldier on! :D
    Oh i've met ya before... bout a year ago

*wanders off*

Ah yes, wiv STaN wasn't it? In . . . hell, the same place we'll be in! :p Only it was SoSuMe and ugly at the time :D

wooo good memory :p

Hehe. Thankee. :p Well that means I'll have someone to look out for ;)

. . .

I was gonna make a funny comment about WHAT I'd be looking out for, but I don't know people here well enough to do so methinks :o:p Don't wanna make a bad impression before I even show up :p

I know ixoy to see too, actually, so I think I'll find the group alright, banners or no :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I was gonna make a funny comment about WHAT I'd be looking out for, but I don't know people here well enough to do so methinks

Try this.

Advertisement