Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom cap on the free trial

• 10-05-2005 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭

A rep came around about 6 weeks ago and reconnected the line in the house that i'm renting. The only reason that we connected was to get the free 2 months broadband. The modem eventually came on friday and i've being downloading fairly constantly since sunday. Downloaded about 4-5 GB so far. At this rate of going I will have exceeded my cap in a couple of days. I'm sure I will not be downloading as much after this, as it was just the novelty but will they charge me for going over the cap when I tell them I want to disconnect everything including the phone line? I will be moving out of the house in about 3 months so what do you think they will do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Considering they dont even charge subscribed customers with going over the limit im guessing you're safe

WellyJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

digiman, off topic but...
    I am interested in renting an apt.
    The phone line is there, broadband enabled, but there is no active line.
    What did you do?
    Did you have to pay anything?
    If so, how much?
    What are your download speeds like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

WellyJ wrote:
    Considering they dont even charge subscribed customers with going over the limit im guessing you're safe

WellyJ

I still cant believe you havent been charged for going over the CAP!!

What are you up to this month anyway....40GBytes???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭digiman

dawballz wrote:
    digiman, off topic but...
    I am interested in renting an apt.
    The phone line is there, broadband enabled, but there is no active line.
    What did you do?
    Did you have to pay anything?
    If so, how much?
    What are your download speeds like?

I was supposed to pay the first 2 months line rental about a week ago, havn't got round to da that yet, mainly because it took about 6 weeks for the modem to come. It is about €50 for the first 2 months and the trial is free of course.
    The downloads are about 110kB/s. Pretty good I think, the wireless router is so handy as well.

The only thing is I can't get my bit torrent speeds above an average of 10kB/s Took about 11 hours to download a 350MB file that was only very recently released. Its the latest version of the Netopia I have. A 3347 as far as I can remember, dosn't seem to be as easy to configure as the others ones from what I have been reading. Maybe someone could pm me or I will start a new thread later if I don't get any relpies on how to get my downloads speeds any bigger. It was uploading at a greater speed than it was downloading for most of the time. Some help please?

Advertisement