Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ignition program and crazy quotes

Options
  • 10-05-2005 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any info on this "ignition" thing hibernian do? i.e. whats the test like? how much off the insurance etc.
    I'm 19, have a provisional license and hoping to get insured on my mothers 1.1 litre Punto (mother and father already insured on it. I know I'm screwed :( :mad: )

Also my mother rang up Quinn direct for a quote today for me and her on the punto. They said it would be 3800 for both of us or 2700 for me and 400 for her(which amounts to 3100 :confused::confused::confused: ). Can anyone explain this strange twisted thinking to me. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Babybing wrote:
    Anyone have any info on this "ignition" thing hibernian do? i.e. whats the test like? how much off the insurance etc.
    I'm 19, have a provisional license and hoping to get insured on my mothers 1.1 litre Punto (mother and father already insured on it. I know I'm screwed :( :mad: )

Also my mother rang up Quinn direct for a quote today for me and her on the punto. They said it would be 3800 for both of us or 2700 for me and 400 for her(which amounts to 3100 :confused::confused::confused: ). Can anyone explain this strange twisted thinking to me. Cheers.

Have a sex change! The operation is probably cheaper than your quote and once its done your insurance will be feck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It's pretty hard to tell what kind of reduction you get, they say up to 40%, but this is no good if it is 40% off 5K.

Also you need your full license - this is from the Hibernian site
    Category A

You passed your driving test in the last five years and you have no convictions on your full driving licence.

(See the other conditions below under a, b, c or d, depending on what type of policy you have.)

You have a private motor policy with Hibernian
    You must not have had more than one ‘at fault accident’ in the last three years.
    You must own a car that has an engine size of no more than 1600cc.
    You are the son, daughter or named driver of a Hibernian private motor policyholder
    You must not have had more than one ‘at fault accident’ in the last three years, limited to a settled claim of €6,500 or less.
    You must own, or be looking to buy (in the next three months), a car that has an engine size of no more than 1600cc.
    You are not a Hibernian private motor policyholder
    You must not have had any ‘at fault’ accidents.
    You must own a car that has an engine size of no more than 1600cc.
    You are a named driver on another insurer’s private motor policy
    You must not have had any ‘at fault’ accidents.
    You must own, or be looking to buy (in the next three months), a car that has an engine size of no more than 1600cc.

Category B

You passed your driving test more than five years ago but have no previous insurance and are not entitled to a no-claims bonus.

You must not have had any accidents.
    You must own a car that has an engine of no more than 1600cc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Have you tried FBD? I'm insured on my moms 206 1.1 for €500 as a named driver, same as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The best thing to do when you have a few hours free is to get out the golden pages and ring every company and broker there - it is sometimes possible to get a cheaper quote from a broker than you would get directly from the company itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Funkstard wrote:
    Have you tried FBD? I'm insured on my moms 206 1.1 for €500 as a named driver, same as you.

WHA WHA WHAA? 500 euros. Whats the catch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

py2006 wrote:
    Have a sex change! The operation is probably cheaper than your quote and once its done your insurance will be feck all.
    That's probably the cheapest route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Nothing. Fully comprehensive too. I'm the 3rd named driver (my mom whose car it is, my dad, my bro and me).

FBD are the way to go, I've heard only good things about them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Funkstard wrote:

Nothing. Fully comprehensive too. I'm the 3rd named driver (my mom whose car it is, my dad, my bro and me).

FBD are the way to go, I've heard only good things about them

atm i am with them im getting charged 2k i have a full lisence 0 points etc.. driving 2 years told that my insurence will be about 1k next year . my ins also covers me to drive my parents bmw 5 series and a work van

bloody good imo

Advertisement