Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert board gathering?

• 10-05-2005 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Just throwin' this out there...would anyone be interested in meeting up before/after junior cert? To do...stuff? I clearly haven't thought this through, I know, but it was just an idea I got and I wanted to see if anyone was interested. I've already got Mysteryfish to agree, but that was mainly because of my culinary talents. :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I would suggest that it would be afterwards (I'm sure you will all have vast amounts of time on your hands :D).

Of course this would be subject to the normal rules of meeting strangers from the internet. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

people might be a little wary, this being the internet and all, especially as people here are all probably under the 18 mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Well, this is the JUNIOR CERT BOARD.
    Victor, are there actually rules?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

well duh so a old 70 yr old man cant pretend hes a JC student just to stalk ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Jakkass wrote:
    well duh so a old 70 yr old man cant pretend hes a JC student just to stalk ya
    You can prove NOTHING!

*hobbles away*

disclaimer: PurpleFistMixer is not a 70 year old man.

• Advertisement

Flashling wrote:
    Victor, are there actually rules?

In the context of the Lesbian / Gay / Bisexual board there is this thread and most of the suggestions there apply to all situations.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=105620

What might be possible would be say a lunch somewhere central, where you can bring friends, etc (or chaperones if they insist). Personally I'm not up to bush drinking and loitering around the Central Bank Plaza for the afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

I see. Just out of curosity, is it possible to resit the junior cert if you're out of school? cos someone being over eighteen would be a really big give away that they shouldn't be on the junior cert board. And is loitering so wrong? I mean, you go somewhere, stand there...keep standing there...you'll have the time of your life! Good rules though.
    And PFM, you're only lying to yourself there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Victor wrote:
    Personally I'm not up to bush drinking and loitering around the Central Bank Plaza for the afternoon.

If there's no bushing then I aint interested!

Seriously though, good idea but I think going to Dublin (assuming it's in Dublin) would be a bit much just for a wee gathering...unless I'll be up there at the same time for a LAN or whatever....

Good luck with it :)

Flashling wrote:
    And PFM, you're only lying to yourself there.
    I'm young at heart. *sniff*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

disclaimer: PurpleFistMixer is not a 70 year old man.

lol,i think you should meet up.im doing something similar with teenireland

• Advertisement

Leprachaun wrote:
    lol,i think you should meet up.im doing something similar with teenireland

I wont start on my views of teenireland here, needless to say I don't approve...

Apologies for going off topic etc, and PurpleFistMixer you're as young as you feel inside :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

Just out of curosity, is it possible to resit the junior cert if you're out of school?

Anyone of any age can sit the Junior Certificate.

Despite what many polls on this forum would seem to indicate, not everyone, (or even the majority of people) do 'all honours', and there are many people who failed their Junior Cert. or who never got the opportunity to stay on long enough in school to do a Junior/Group/Inter. Cert., and some of them come back to education in adulthood.

Such people usually do very well, which leads one to wonder what opportunities they could have had if they had been lucky enough to sit an exam the first time round.

**bumpeh**

I'm pretty much busy until August. But if anyone wants a gathering in August, I could do that. Does anyone actually want a gathering?

Victor wrote:
    **bumpeh**

Banned.

And I'd go if I'm in the area, but travelling to Dublin to meet a few people for a while is a bit much :)

Yeah, and there's no way we're going to the outback of.. somewhere that isn't Dublin. Oh 'tis most uncultured out there. Down with that sort of thing in general is what I say.

Actually if we got the locations of everyone/anyone who would be interested, we could weigh it up and try and work out the place that would suit most/be about average distance away for everyone.

Only we'd probably discover it's Dublin anyway.

Sweden it is then.

I'll saddle up the llamas*.

*disclaimer: Llamas may or may not be capable of travelling to Sweden without horribly killing their passengers. We can only hope they are.

Why hope when we can dance?

The llamas will make good food when the world ends (any day now).

We can teach them to swim and take a shortcut across the North Sea.

Should the world start ending, we can take cover under the overturned ships of sanity. We can fight off seamonsters using the cutting wit the patrons of this board are so renowned for, and if it gets bad we can just set off the llama bombs.

Sweden will fall, and soon Russia will be within our reach...

• Advertisement

We can fight off seamonsters using the cutting wit the patrons of this board are so renowned for

We must first obtain this wit through use of stealing. We attack at dawn.
    Sweden will fall, and soon Russia will be within our reach...

Indeed, I knew this Napoleon complex be useful someday!

Okay, General Fobia. Ready the battalions. If we strike quickly, they won't notice their wit is gone until it's too late. At that point they won't even have a comeback.

After Russia, we move eastwards and take Asia. They get all the good games.

This Junior Cert gathering really was a good idea.

*polishes bayonnet*

Oi, you two:

spam is teh bad

We were uh... planning the gathering.

Fobia: I think he's on to the plan. Maybe we shouldn't have broadcast it on a public forum. Better arm the troops and prepare for the worst. If it goes to hell, we retreat and make a break for Sweden. There we will find the amulet of yendor, and all will be saved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Yes we should meet up in town,and go on a huge dancing spree.I'll bring the J.D !!!!!!!!!! And the Funky music,so we can DANCE :)

Didn't I tell you JD was a bitter old man's drink? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Too late for that now, theyre all alcos.

Fobia: I think he's on to the plan. Maybe we shouldn't have broadcast it on a public forum. Better arm the troops and prepare for the worst. If it goes to hell, we retreat and make a break for Sweden. There we will find the amulet of yendor, and all will be saved.

Apologies for the late reply Doctor, I was giving the troops a morale talk in preparation for tommorrow's events....

Indeed this is not the first time my plans have been foiled because I tell the world about them. However I do not think these new findings should hinder our cause (our cause is to free the pillow, right?).

Although the amulet has saved our campaigns in the past, I fear it will not work for my current rogue character is only level 39. I will spend the night hunting and be prepared in the morn with caffeine and headphones.

Tommorrow, we fight!

The Pillow shall be saved.

*paces back and forth, playing with tassle on commander-hat*

The amulet shall undergo further speculation. Perhaps we must obtain an object of even MORE devastating power? I didn't think the time would come for this, but it seems the sirens of the end have begun to rung. The men must be steeled for the weeks ahead. Sweden obviously holds further secrets than initially suspected. I fear the complications may arise at the Sweden/Russia border, and if we do not have the strength of the amulet behind us... Indeed, we shall need to acquire.... the amulet of yendor... PLUS ONE.

I fear of what the repercussions of such an amulet may be. All necessary casualties, however. The Pillow shall be saved, and we will secure the eastern front.

To Sweden... and.. victory!

• Advertisement

The drugs kids do these days. :rolleyes:

:D

Advertisement