Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junior Cert board gathering?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

In other news, could we get a number of people who would be even vaguely interested in such a gathering? If we've got like.. 4 people it would be just slightly maybe a bit of a shade not worth it.

Gathering you say, interesting.

You'd think someone would mention it in the thread title or something, but no, confuse me why don't you. Go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

*listens intently* I'd go...depending on who else went. Too shy realleh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

yeah I'd probably go too, again like Rozabeez it would depend who'd be going, and where we'd be meeting..

i mean there's the boards thingy for people over 18 on sometimes so why not have an u18 boards gathering?

we just kinda have to set a date and a place and then you either show up or you don't. no fuss.

Shrimp suggested that once...I think. He was pretty much attacked for it, but I think it's a good idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Isn't it a bit iffy for an internet site to organise under 18s meeting? Sort of... danger of... paedophile kind of thing? I think that's why boards can't do that, because they'd be liable or something. Or maybe they just think there wouldn't be the interest/some such.

However if it were just something that us as postJC boards people organised then it wouldn't really affect them, so it'd be okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Isn't it a bit iffy for an internet site to organise under 18s meeting? Sort of... danger of... paedophile kind of thing? I think that's why boards can't do that, because they'd be liable or something. Or maybe they just think there wouldn't be the interest/some such.

However if it were just something that us as postJC boards people organised then it wouldn't really affect them, so it'd be okay.

I think they take the view that its organised through Boards as opposed to being organised by Boards.

Personally I'd think its a bit dodgy but I'm too careful.

yeah, i suppose.

i dunno if we'll ever get this gathering off the ground though...everyones too iffy about it.

i don't really care either way. It could be fun but it could be really awkward too.

Would hinting subtly work? *yawns* "I'm going to <insert location> on the <insert date> at about <insert time>....not that anybody needed to know...."

pfft, just poll it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

I think we should have the gathering it would be fun and I don't think it would be weird cause we're all the same age group, so why not? Someone should set the date!

• Advertisement

G'wan Sweetness! organise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Being a wet blanket but I think a higher power should really be consulted /cue Victor/ if this is serious. Just to be sure Boards isn't actually liable.

grimloch wrote:
    I think they take the view that its organised through Boards as opposed to being organised by Boards.
    Well, on the CTYI board they organise their reunions, so technically they're organising meetings through boards, and there's never been a problem. *shrugs* I suppose it's kind of different for this, though. Somehow.

Anyways, I'm very busy invading Sweden for the last 3 weeks of this month so it's highly likely I won't be present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Sweetness! wrote:
    we're all the same age group, so why not?
    you never know lol!

ok well, a whole load of teens vs. a paedo. I wonder what'd happen there....oh yeah lets not forget the whole "somewhere public" thing. That's very unsafe.

Dark alley at midnight it is, then?

• Advertisement

Dark alley at midnight it is, then?
    lol, safest place I can think of :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Well, on the CTYI board they organise their reunions, so technically they're organising meetings through boards, and there's never been a problem. *shrugs* I suppose it's kind of different for this, though. Somehow.

Anyways, I'm very busy invading Sweden for the last 3 weeks of this month so it's highly likely I won't be present.
    yes because we arent all as smart as CTYI people :p :S

Jakkass wrote:
    yes because we arent all as smart as CTYI people :p :S

Indeed, I'm smarter.

Ho-ho

cocky bitch lol :p

• Advertisement

Hehe, he called him a bitch.
    Okay, I'm done now.

Does anyone else feel...lack of..thinking? Um...about...smart person things...

Stupid summer.

No, I think about smart person things all the time. Quantum mechanics, string theory, uh, rocket science.......... uhm............. cookies........... intertron?

*Hysterical laughter* I only have one shoe on!! o_O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Ok, so if I happened to say that I was going to be in dublin outside the parnell centre for film watching at one on the 25th of august and that if anyone else showed I wouldn't be held responsible that would be alright?

because thats what I'll do...

right well I'll be seein' you there Flash and if no one else turns up (*sob* lets hope that's not the case), at least we'll still have each others company!

I'll come too but does it have to be on the 25th cause I'm going to Weezer and The Pixies the days before and I know I'll be wrecked so can we make it the 26th or 27th??

I'd go but I dunno where it is..

Ehh, as I also will be at the pixies, sure. And Rozabees, Get a map! In the most non rude way possible. I fact, forget I said that. IN FACT this never happened.

Don´t hurt me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

She means the UGC cinema on Parnell Street in Dublin.

• Advertisement

I'd go, but I'm in DCU till the end of the month. Alas. Guess I'll see you all in Sweden after the plan of general death comes to final fruition. Or maybe never.

nononononno, pfm AUGUST. As in not ctyi time. COME. (Or we could go paintballing, or pier-jumping,or bungee jumping once I get my mom to sign the release form or...you get the picture. Suggest people!)

Flashling wrote:
    Suggest people!

Bill Bailey?

Oooh, august. That's okay then. Are there any films happening then? o.O

no. all cinemas close in july. thats exactly the type of getting stuck in the thread needs fobia!

I'm a loser tonight, dont mind me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I'd gladly come along...

yeah pyr0 you'd better. me too, and Numina if I can convince him.

If it's only going to be you,me,numinia I'm not going :)

Sorry for double post.

If anybody is willing to go thorugh with it Pm me with a time and place and (Rozbezz,Me,anybody else we can bring along) will be there.

• Advertisement

wait, didn´t we already come up with a time and place? Meh, I will definatly go, and so will mystery fish FOR WE ARE THE SAME PERSON (Not really)

(but really)

Did we ? we'll when is it then :P

I cant remember, tis back a few posts. I just picked some time etc. but, again, if anyone has a better suggestion......(those dots mean "why go ahead good chap! Put forth thy suggestion!")

Wouldn't it have been just as quick to look back to the last page and find out the date as it was to type that reply? I just don't get that sort of stuff :(

terribly sorry if I off-ended you, my laziness knows no bounds, but then, you didn't post the details either! The tables have turned...

UGC in parnell st. at one on the 27th of august.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Well hello fellow JC'ers. Im back. What did I miss. Is this meeting going ahead?

• Advertisement

Flashling wrote:
    terribly sorry if I off-ended you, my laziness knows no bounds, but then, you didn't post the details either! The tables have turned...

UGC in parnell st. at one on the 27th of august.

I'll make sure I have nothing planned on that day, you know with a busy callendar and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Me and Numina are going!

"Numina and I".....I'll go if I'm around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

it's about time I post in here, and I DO NOT promise to go, contrary to what the three posters of my name says!

Could people add me to msn so that I know who I'll be meeting up with? It might be a bit weird meeting up with people I dont even talk to...my email is in my profile methinks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement