Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junior Cert board gathering?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

ok, Roz I've added you to my msn.

And in response to an earlier post by Flash, I AM AN INDEPENDANT PERSON. Right, just wanted to clear that up.
    But don't worry, of course I'll go. I fear Flash's rath if I didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

I'm not in the least bit rathful...UNLESS YOU TAKE MY FOOD!

Then you die.

And rozabeez, do you really want to be added to some randomers MSN? I'll do it if you want, but....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Flashling wrote:
    I'm not in the least bit rathful...UNLESS YOU TAKE MY FOOD!

It's not your wadi, it's my sandwich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Right, so. It appears that if we have this on the 27th of August, it's gonna clash with, ahem, other gatherings, so.... what to do? Move it to the sunday or friday? Since I live in Dublin, reasonably close, it's fine with me any day, so could anyone forward an idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

As long as it's not on the 23rd or 24th its fine, ok maybe not the 25th aswell cause I'm a picky bitch :rolleyes:

Right, when's the pixies? (when are the pixies?) Because I thought the 26th was out for a reason, but if it's not then that should be grand, and if it is we'll go for the 28th/29th? Teehee, everyones so "uh, I might be free, if you are...."

Pixies are on the 23rd and Wezzer are the 24th so could we have it the 26th so I'll have a day to get my energy back?

Sweetness! wrote:
    Pixies are on the 23rd and Wezzer are the 24th so could we have it the 26th so I'll have a day to get my energy back?

Perfect!

Ok it's settled then we're having the gathering on the 26th. Be there or be square :D

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Ah sure I might as well go.. I wonder what your all like in person :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sexy?

hmm we'll soon find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Numina wrote:
    it's about time I post in here, and I DO NOT promise to go, contrary to what the three posters of my name says!

Sh'up bitch. If I go, you're going. You even sat the JC this year, you have no excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Sh'up bitch. If I go, you're going. You even sat the JC this year, you have no excuse.

and his parents call me the controlling one?

And yeah anyone who's bothered adding me to msn, go for it please. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

bit weird... lol i might go with irishstabber and its the day after my b'day so i might have a hangover :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

shut your keyboard!! I'm not going just because you are! and I do have an excuse for not going.....I have leprosy

Numina wrote:
    shut your keyboard!! I'm not going just because you are! and I do have an excuse for not going.....I have leprosy

I'd consider that a reason for going not an excuse not to tbh.

Infect the infidels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Can... Can... Can i come?

*Awaits rejection... yet again*

Feel free to join us Diarmsquid :)

• Advertisement

Yeah, we'd...love to have you there? (I just want to see if he looks like his avatar.)

Flashling wrote:
    Yeah, we'd...love to have you there? (I just want to see if he looks like his avatar.)

If he isn't a smurf, I want to see the boiling frying pan being used. If he is, I want pics :)

The day of conjunction is fast approaching...what is on the agenda in the big area known as the city? :rolleyes:

I'm hoping someone has an idea... Otherwise it'll either be a bunch of people standing awkwardly, probably in the rain, sheepishly going 'hello...' to each other, then dispersing. Or... moving from food place to food place and resulting, inevitably in me having no money.

Incidentally, the Festival of World Cultures is happening that weekend... (and Dun Laoghaire is a lot closer to me than town... :) )

But that would be TOO convenient...Eh, since we are meeting outside a cinema? Or we could go to...somewhere...to do...something. I got nothing.

I have some ideas, but they all involve money fights and nudity.

• Advertisement

As wonderful as cinema is, it's not a great idea for a bunch of people who don't know each other.

We could just find a green area to hang out, I suppose? I like trinity personally, but it's far from the meeting point, and they don't particularly like people sitting in some areas...

If someone is willing to provide money, I will participate in money steal-I mean fights.

If someone is willing to provide money, I will participate in money steal-I mean fights.

Sorry, but all I heard was "if someone will pay I'll mudwrestle" :p .
    We could just find a green area to hang out, I suppose? I like trinity personally, but it's far from the meeting point, and they don't particularly like people sitting in some areas...

Ahem, Galway has green areas.....!

Stephens Green? We all agree to actually talk to each other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Iam not even reading this - is it a venue choicE?
    If so i know of a place in navan :p lmao

Fobia wrote:
    Sorry, but all I heard was "if someone will pay I'll mudwrestle" :p
    I mentioned no mudwrestling!

Fobia wrote:
    Ahem, Galway has green areas.....!
    Yes. Full of cows and things. That's why we must stay away. =P

As for Stephen's Green... *shrugs* I don't mind.

• Advertisement

I mentioned no mudwrestling!

Twas implied, and you know it.
    Yes. Full of cows and things. That's why we must stay away. =P

You've never been cow tipping? .....I've said too much.

If this goes well, perhaps a Galway Gathering? Yay alliteration! Oh, and yeah, the Green sounds fine.

Flashling wrote:
    If this goes well, perhaps a Galway Gathering?

I approve. Though...no-one else seems to live in Galway bar me, and if you do there's a good chance I know you...but if the dublin/leixlip (is it just me or is everyone here from Leixlip?) want to come to Galway just to see me, then I aint gonna argue ;)

Fobia wrote:
    Twas implied, and you know it.
    Nevar! I didn't even imply any nudity. I was implying straight mugging. Yep, not even the exciting crazy naked mugging.

Fobia wrote:
    You've never been cow tipping? .....I've said too much.
    A cow licked me once and I wish never to repeat the event. Very traumatic. I can't look at cows any more. In fact, going anywhere but Dublin could kill me.

On an entirely unrelated note, galwayage could be fun.
    Fobia wrote:
    (is it just me or is everyone here from Leixlip?)
    I don't even know where Leixlip is. :)

Kildare! (Rozabeez told me the other day) And Fobia, of course we would come to Galway (right, everyone but me?) It would be an adventure! Into the conamara wilderness of...rocks and flat land. But an adventure none the less!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Fobia wrote:
    I have some ideas, but they all involve money fights and nudity.

While there is an order of scale of differnce in the activity, I think you being the ring leader would still have you in prison for a long time. :p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=290079

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

lol what a teacher :p =/

Flashling wrote:
    Kildare! (Rozabeez told me the other day) And Fobia, of course we would come to Galway (right, everyone but me?) It would be an adventure! Into the conamara wilderness of...rocks and flat land. But an adventure none the less!

Hehe, well I live in the city part, but hey, we could have a country retreat or summit :)

I'd still like to get up to this gathering, but the whole expensive price of train ticket is putting me off atm :(

Oh and Victor, isn't that the whole point? You can be the matador.

Victor wrote:
    While there is an order of scale of differnce in the activity, I think you being the ring leader would still have you in prison for a long time. :p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=290079

hmmmm this story appeals to me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Matador??????

• Advertisement

Victor wrote:
    Matador??????

Don't ask. All will be revealed in time.

Fobia is there a bus? 'tis cheaper!!

ok...so Stephens Green, at the arch...the 26th of August....at what time? Whatever time y'all pick, I'll be either really early or a bit late. and there should be a whole 3 Leixlipians. Leixlip is in Kildare, about an hours bus ride from the City, yet 15 minutes walk from Dublin (Lucan).

Did that help?

WHat do i tell my parents?Thats my only problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

WHat do i tell my parents?Thats my only problem.
    Yeah me too. I'm going into town to meet up with a whole bunch of people from a website who i don't know but say that they've just done the JC. Doesn't sound very eh, safe.

I've told my mam.

It went like this;

Roe: Mam, there's a junior cert boards.ie gathering soon, can I go?
    Mother: Who's going?
    Roe: Coly, Catherine and a bunch of people I've never seen before. It should be safe.
    Mother: Yeah ok, bring your phone.

Simple. try it.

lmao - Roe and coly.
    No offence but sounds like a cartoon duo...:(

hahah yeah we're kinda mean to each other, but I'm telling you...he loves me really!

and Catherine, well we're mean to her...but she rocks!

I told my mother I was going to meet up with some people off the Junior Cert board and she seemed happy enough. This is odd.

Timewise... I say... around two, maybe? I'll have to drag myself out of bed but any later and we're moving into late afternoon time. 'Course I only live half an hour to an hours bussing away from the city so whatever time is probably okay.

I'd say if there's a problem with meeting up with random strangers off the internet, just... say... you're going into town?

How many is going?

• Advertisement

Head count anyone???

I'll go first.
    Im going :p

Advertisement