Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junior Cert board gathering?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Diarmsquid wrote:
    Is there a college there?

No*.

* There may be several colleges in Galway, I just can't answer such an obvious question without slapping someone with a large, slimey fish. And there's no-one around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Cool, there must be then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

NUIG, the ULTIMATE party college! I told my dad I might go there and he said ''No you wont, you'll have too good a timethere''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

So when's the road trip??

Oh I know, all us city slickers can get the bus together...there is a bus to Galway I presume???

OH WAIT and we can wear special t-shirts, with a clever comments such as BOARDS.IE NERD AND PROUD...or perhaps something cleverer but you get the picture!

Whaddya say???

There's a train AND bus to Galway, train's faster though. I wont be allowed go though :(

Don't think I'd be allowed go either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Sure, if it's during the october midterm, Piste, then there shouldn't be any problems? (I know it's a long time away, but then you wouldn't have to study) And you'll be going with people you know...like PFM...And Diarmsquid, you're what, 15/16? A day trip to Galway isn't that dangerous, just put it to your parents in a "Chance to prove I"m responsible" "finding my own path" some other crud like that, way, and they'll practically HAVE to let you go*....

* I accept no responsibility if that doesn't work. :D

Diarmsquid wrote:
    Don't think I'd be allowed go either :(

Say I'm going, and I'll say you are....our mothers will have a little chat and come to the conclusion that we can both go....
    Foolproof, huh?*

*I hope...

Strokesa wrote:
    Say I'm going, and I'll say you are....our mothers will have a little chat and come to the conclusion that we can both go....
    Foolproof, huh?*

*I hope...
    :rolleyes: Yeah sounds good, I'll ask later then. Not sure if it's even going ahead yet anyway.
    Flashling wrote:
    And Diarmsquid, you're what, 15/16? A day trip to Galway isn't that dangerous, just put it to your parents in a "Chance to prove I"m responsible" "finding my own path" some other crud like that, way, and they'll practically HAVE to let you go*....

* I accept no responsibility if that doesn't work. :D
    That's good too :D ! At this rate I'll see you all there.

Flashling wrote:
    Sure, if it's during the october midterm, Piste, then there shouldn't be any problems? (I know it's a long time away, but then you wouldn't have to study) And you'll be going with people you know...like PFM...

I'd be allowed go if I were staying the night with someone I know but I may be busy for the mid-term. Fringe Festival and all that jazz.......(for more information on the Dublin Fringe Festival please read the likn in my sig ;))

• Advertisement

Piste wrote:
    I'd be allowed go if I were staying the night with someone I know but I may be busy for the mid-term. Fringe Festival and all that jazz.......(for more information on the Dublin Fringe Festival please read the likn in my sig ;))

How long would it take to go on the bus/train?? 'Cause I was thinking get the bus in the morning, come back the same night?? I don't exactly know anybody in Galway...

Hey Fobia
    Looks like we're all crashing at your place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

It's about 3 hours or so on the train, innit?

2 hours and 48 minutes according to irishrail.ie :p

Pedantic, eh? I like that in a person....

You expect Irish transport services to do what they say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

irish rail is always **** coz its still on diesel and never on time

So, umm....the train it is then??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

All I can suggest is (a) ask (b) follow the basic rules of meeting anyone from the internet.

• Advertisement

We could atke the Aircoach, that's meant to be good.

and
    Victor wrote:
    All I can suggest is (a) ask (b) follow the basic rules of meeting anyone from the internet.
    I've never heard of these rules, is there somewhere I could find them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

need some advice from ppl who knw bout the JC, (seeing as this is a JC post)... my cousin just changed schools and is waiting for his JC results... two questions
    1) when are they out? next weds?
    2) does he have to be at the school to get them, or will they be posted out?

cheers for any info

I dont think theyre posted, but you can get them on the internet, I think from about 3o'clock on the day. Presuming he has the code...

Couldn't start a new thread or even look in the other threads where this is already posted (i think)?

Anyway,
    1) The results are out on the 14th of Sept, tomorrow week.
    2) Assuming he's returning to school after the JC to do the LC, he'll be at the school anyway when they're given out. Or he can check them on www.examinations.ie with his PIN and stuff. Not sure if they send them out, don't think so, could be wrong though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Cheers for that! Well, he has just changed schools so he won't be there to collect 'em but hopefully he has his pin or wotever! [too long since i did all this myself] - cheers experts!

Perhaps I missed ... several pages of discussion, but is there actually anything arranged yet, before we start talking about transport?

Things like... where, when, who's going, what we're going to do.. that sort of a thing?

• Advertisement

Perhaps I missed ... several pages of discussion, but is there actually anything arranged yet, before we start talking about transport?

Things like... where, when, who's going, what we're going to do.. that sort of a thing?

Ummm...no. I just want to go 'cause I missed the last one.

Where: Galway. That's it, I think.

Oh, and I am going!

pfft galway :(

Pfft, jakkass. Anyways, about the details, should I pick another random date? 17th september. Too close? 17th october! (not sure if that's a weekend) Fobia can pick somewhenre fairly central too meet, and time comes later when we have a definate day. Fobia can also decide what we should do. Fobia can also have a sign because I don't think he can criticize mine till he has one that's better.....(I challenge you to a sign making duel!)

Jakkass wrote:
    pfft galway :(
    You live in Lucan, that's probably closer to Galway than it is to Dublin! :p

lol, only messing I aknoledge that Lucan isn't that far away from Dublin.

Flashling wrote:
    should I pick another random date? 17th september. Too close? 17th october! (not sure if that's a weekend) Fobia can pick somewhenre fairly central too meet, and time comes later when we have a definate day. Fobia can also decide what we should do. Fobia can also have a sign because I don't think he can criticize mine till he has one that's better.....(I challenge you to a sign making duel!)

15th October? It's a Saturday but not too close. I can pick where to meet (at the bus station!), but there's no St Stephens green type-thing in Galway anymore, so I dunno where to go / what to do after that....as to the sign, I don't *do* art :)

I'm not sure it's an awesome idea or anything, but hey, it just means walking for a few minutes for me, so I wont object..

• Advertisement

I just remembered that Octocon is on that weekend and I may or may not be going to that. Not sure yet...

I just remembered that Octocon is on that weekend and I may or may not be going to that. Not sure yet...
    erm whatever floats your boat missus lol.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

well, I could probably somehow convince my parents and they have a friend who lives there so if anything happens i could just run to her, but i'll have to see. If I'm allowed I defnitely want to come!

Jakkass wrote:
    erm whatever floats your boat missus lol.... ;)
    The name is not missus lol. If the name were to in any way involve the word 'missus' or 'lol', it would be Missus PurpleFistMixer, or PurpleFistMixer, she who once believed 'lol' to actually imply laughter of some kind, but apparently now it's to be used interchangably with full stops, much to the chagrin of anyone who once valued the remaining shreds of the proper usage of the English language.

But I suppose that second one may be a shade too long, so you might want to stick to 'PFM'.

In another mildly related note; that second name there, it's a sobriquet.

The name is not missus lol. If the name were to in any way involve the word 'missus' or 'lol', it would be Missus PurpleFistMixer, or PurpleFistMixer, she who once believed 'lol' to actually imply laughter of some kind, but apparently now it's to be used interchangably with full stops, much to the chagrin of anyone who once valued the remaining shreds of the proper usage of the English language.

But I suppose that second one may be a shade too long, so you might want to stick to 'PFM'.

In another mildly related note; that second name there, it's a sobriquet.
    omg you grammar bitch, lol...
    lets do it so you can contemplate what im saying Whatever floats your boat missus, lol. I wasn't implying that you were called missus lol =/

i sigh at your ignorance :(:p

I think the word you're looking for there might be 'understand'. Using the word 'contemplate' would imply that I have to spend longer than five seconds understanding what you're trying to say.

Admittedly, it can get rough at times. Maybe ten seconds. There are quite a lot of missing punctuation marks... capitals discarded entirely. That slows down the process.

But I digress.

To simplify: I intentionally misinterpreted your initial statement in order to slag your poor grammar/use of punctuation. The reason, one may ask? Well, yeah, going to octocon DOES float my boat, because I happen to LIKE SciFi, but I got the general impression that you believe that liking such a thing is... worthy of insulting. Or being 'lol'ed at. Which I don't respond positively to.
    Also, I don't appreciate being called missus. Do I call you boy?

Now then, if you'll excuse me, boy, I've got some brackets to deal and some llamas to collect.

Diarmsquid wrote:
    I've never heard of these rules, is there somewhere I could find them?

They were referenced on post 7 of this thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=105620 (In the context of the the LGB board, but they hold through nonetheless).

Missus wrote:
    Also, I don't appreciate being called missus. Do I call you boy?
    lol sorry there missus didnt mean tht :P, you can call me Mr.Jakkass :)

*Owning jakass INTELLECTUALLY here. *
    j4kss wrote:
    omg grammar nazi stephiphiphiphiphi! oh noz!!11forty

NATCHO CHEESE MUTHA****A.

Apologies Victor, had to be said.

Not a lot of people like Jakkass, do they?

Poor Jakkass :( , I'll be your friend!

• Advertisement

Banned.

Diarmsquid wrote:
    Not a lot of people like Jakkass, do they?

Poor Jakkass :( , I'll be your friend!
    im just not going to stoop to your ignorance =|

Jakkass wrote:
    im just not going to stoop to your ignorance =|
    Hey, I was just offering a friendship, no need to be rude.

ignorant because u dont know what im like really :(
    why are you people always this way (arggh) :eek:

It's the internet, none of us are real people.

/glances around nervously

??? lol ok then

But.. but.. I'm a real boy!

Nope *shakes head seriously*

argh shh :p

• Advertisement

Right, so is this going ahead?

Being the only (real) person from "The Citeh" here I'll set the'ol date and time?

October 15th (that's Saturday 2 weeks from now), 2 or 3 o'clock, I'd suggest a place to meet, but as *everyone* will be coming up by train or bus, the station is the obvious place, and after which we could go to Wards though if it's raining it can be hard to find a place to eat in without being wet...

Thoughts? Comments? Prophesies?

Advertisement