Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Basic (Net Send)

Options
  • 10-05-2005 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Just playing around:

Private Sub cmdSend_Click()
    Dim Message As String
    Message = "c:\windows\system32\net send" & Trim(txtip) & Trim(txtmsg)
    Shell (Message)
    End Sub

Will this work? Also what is the correct path to net send in wondows XP SP2 (i have carried out all the functions to re enable net send on SP2) iv tried doing a search for net send in the windows folder but it didnt throw anything up to me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

Im using VB6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tempest

neon_glows wrote:
    Just playing around:

Will this work? Also what is the correct path to net send in wondows XP SP2 (i have carried out all the functions to re enable net send on SP2) iv tried doing a search for net send in the windows folder but it didnt throw anything up to me!

Why not compile it and run it to see? :rolleyes:

c:\winnt\system32\net is the path to net.

By the way net is the name of the application and send is a command to the application which is passed as a parameter. It may well influence the syntax of your command.

If that doesn't work you could always write a .bat file on the fly and execute that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

Thanks you helped me understand it a little better and i was able to come up with the solution, for anyone who wants it:

Private Sub cmdSend_Click()
    Dim Message As String
    Message = "c:\windows\system32\net send"
    Message = Message + " "
    Message = Message + (txtip)
    Message = Message + " "
    Message = Message + (txtmsg)
    Shell (Message)
    End Sub

Advertisement