Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

game suggestions

Options
  • 10-05-2005 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭

hey lads im in bit of a pickle,im getting bored of games,i use to play game all day long.I have a ps2 and Xbox and psp. ive nearly played every game in xtra vision [ps2 games and xbox games ] and im bored of my psp games

i want a good game somthing different

any suggestions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If you aren't already into live, go for it, or failing that, online gaming on the PC.

I had the same problem, got bored of everything.

Have been playing the exact same game every night for 3 hours online for the past year, no sign of boredom yet.

Online is the way to go, it never gets boring with a bit of human opposition and communication :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i wish i could go online but no broadband in my area im sorry to say

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Some of the older pc games play ok with 56k, use that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I just remembered. Are you into strategy games?

If so, Advance Wars 2 (or the original) on the GBA (or DS if you have one) is the way to go.

I still play that for hours a day. Feckin brilliant game, a true master piece if I ever saw one.

Keeps me entertained for hours, and hours. Best handheld game I've ever seen, if not best computer game ever! (I am not joking, look up some reviews of this game and you'll see)

GAME are selling the first one for 14.99 new, Gamestop selling the second one for €20 preowned.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i prefer Fire Emblem to Advance Wars. they are based on the same engine and are very similar. Fire Emblem has a great story but Advance Wars has the excellent multiplayer that can be played with 4 people on the same GBA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Rabies wrote:
    Some of the older pc games play ok with 56k, use that.
    like what

also my modem is Fuc'ked up so i need to get another any suggstion any body

i use to play cod online omg i loved it but i kept getting lag so i had to stop :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you have the means to play it, import Katamari Damacry. It may seem weird but when you play it you will realise that it's purified fun written on a DVD disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

A surprisingly fun game is Kingdom Hearts. That kept me entertained all day and up late at night. I don't know if you have that or if you're into that kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Shadow Of Rome on the PS2 is pretty decent, it's made it's way to the bargain bins too. If you can track down Rez, I'd recommend that too - it's the kind of game you can lose yourself in for hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

like what

Untill Steam came along Day of Defeat was fine on Jolt servers etc

Soldier of fortune 2 ran grand

Hidden and dangerous 2 sucked up a year of my life , servers can be a bit pesky but top game, SP is great as well. Get it patched up first, goddam bugs

Old Delta Force games are a laugh

COD - HOB ran much better for me

Peeps think your lieing whan you say you play on 56K, It is possible man!

Rainbow 6 games a cool, bit hard to get good at though

Sheesh, I should get away from FPS for a bit I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

try WoW you will never go back

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

RTW : Rome Total War
    you won't be dissappointed I picked it up in game in liffey valley for €40 a few weeks ago, its a fantastic game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

RTW : Rome Total War

I cant recommend this game enuff and I was a hardcore FPS head befor I got it.
    Be prepared to kiss the rest of your life good bye, for we are the sons of mars!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

Yeah get your hands on Rome. If you're really stuck get Age of Empires 2. Such a class game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

dont get me wrong i love RTW but i can only play it for so long before i have to play something else, wait a few days and go back to it

it is really cool though, you gotta love the ability to be someones ally whil you both wipeout another nation then use your momentum to crush your ally :-) brings out the evil in all of us

Darwinia is a great game, really different and fresh, kinda reminds me of cannon fodder sort of

Advertisement