Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titles of boards.ie pages

Options
  • 10-05-2005 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

I use firefox and tabbed browsing when i'm using boards. The issue i have with this is that when i have six or more tabs open, i cant see which tab is for which forum/thread. This is because the title of each page begins with "boards.ie/vbulletin". Is there any chance that this could be switched so that it says for example "Feedback - boards.ie/vbulletin" instead?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Wow, nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Brilliant.

Much easier now to click back and forth between the different fora.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

Fantastic. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

so much for hiding threads now. Now the slydice thread titles are plain and clear for whoever walks by my desk :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

Very useful thanks.

I have to say the quality of service around here is outstanding. And it's free!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That was easy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Spot the nerds with a tab for each forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Nerds?

Huh, because it makes it easier to browse?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Do you do thesis introductions aswell Cloud? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

This was bugging me lately with a lot of threads open.
    \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Now, if there was only a way to open all subscribed forums with new content in seperate tabs with one click...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Now, if there was only a way to open all subscribed forums with new content in seperate tabs with one click...
    Almost, but not quite

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There is.

Download Firefox. Right-click on the links bar, and select New Folder. Call it whatever the hell you want. Add a link to all your subbed forums into that folder. To open all links in tabs, either click on the folder with the mousewheel or right-click on it, and select Open in Tabs.

Et Voila.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I think there is an extension for Firefox called Tabbrowser Preferences that allows you to customise tabbing. Personally I have it that left clicks open new tabs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

seamus wrote:
    There is.

Download Firefox. Right-click on the links bar, and select New Folder. Call it whatever the hell you want. Add a link to all your subbed forums into that folder. To open all links in tabs, either click on the folder with the mousewheel or right-click on it, and select Open in Tabs.

Et Voila.

now there is some quality lateral thinking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

seamus wrote:
    There is.

Et Voila.
    Thanks for that seamus. I thought of doing that before, but not all my subbed forums have new content each time I visit, so I'd be opening tabs unnecessarily...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

seamus wrote:
    There is.

Et Voila.
    Beat me to it. I wouldn't recommend doing that with 22 webcomics on a fairly slow computer though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Mmm regarding the old style links, the problem is that you have to include a page number for posts on subsequent thread pages and it assumes that people use the same number of posts per page, 20, which isn't always true :( So I can't implement this at the moment. I did give it a go but will need to look at it some more.

John.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement