Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky room to room

• 10-05-2005 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Hope this the right place for this post
    I have sky in 1 room and want to have it in another room on the same floor
    what is the best way to do this without wires :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Use digisenders. Attach the transmitting unit to the sky box and you can attach the receiver to the tv in the other room. What it means though is that you will watch the same sky channel in both rooms.

I have 4 receivers setup both upstairs and downstairs in my house - picture quality & sound excellent. The microwave does create some interference when it is used - maybe once a day.

I know that you can get these units in Argos and Maplins and I'm sure in all good tv / electrical stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Dummy wrote:
    Use digisenders. Attach the transmitting unit to the sky box and you can attach the receiver to the tv in the other room. What it means though is that you will watch the same sky channel in both rooms.

I have 4 receivers setup both upstairs and downstairs in my house - picture quality & sound excellent. The microwave does create some interference when it is used - maybe once a day.

I know that you can get these units in Argos and Maplins and I'm sure in all good tv / electrical stores.
    Thank you i will try it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

digisenders as he says... LIDL do deals on them every now and again, and I've heard Argos do fairly cheap ones for about E40 (not checked)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

go digisender route for sure.

I wanted sky in two more rooms and i rang sky. they took my money and sent an engineer out a month later then they said they would....

he got there and then left saying it was a health and safety issue... the dish needed altering ....and guess what??? the engineer is not allowed get up on my roof to alter it... after discussing this with sky I was advised "our insurance does not cover us to get up on anything over 2 stories" ... I live in a bungalow... hmmm after reminding them they put the original dish up there to begin with I asked them "what if I want it taken down?" their reply????? "We will send someone out to take it down"

Sky are unreal do the job yourself and dont involve them!

Advertisement