Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

myPhoneSafe.com

Options
  • 10-05-2005 8:54pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭

COMPELSON Labs has launched a new tool fighting the mobile crime. Our new website myPhoneSafe.com protects your mobile phone from being stolen and sold.

When your phone is registered in our myPhoneSafe.com database and is stolen or lost, anyone in the world can verify this fact and you can be contacted back. There is no contact or personal information exposed, users of our system stay anonymous as long as they want.

Second-hand shops and buyers can be sure they are not buying any stolen phone or they can return phone to its owner.

This service is offered for free, anyone can store the phone or check its status. Visit the server by clicking here: www.myPhoneSafe.com

Opinions !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My opinion: yellow text is hard to read on the classic skin.

About the service: Nice idea. Pity it requires everyone in the world to know about the website, though. Not too useful if nobody is using it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Well then we should make it our quest to enlighten others !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Unlockmyphone

I think its a brill idea, saves people being ripped off buying second hand phones which ahve been blocked because of being stolen or insurance jobs.

I will be posting this site every where I know.

Mods , hows about putting a sticky on this one for a while .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

i think thats a brilliant idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Great idea.

If you could get the mobile phone companies to submit stolen phones IMEI no's it would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

whats to stop anyone flashing the IMEI's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 aspnet

Sharkman ,

I've looked at your site and have a question for you ...

It seems that it is up to the individual who buys a second hand mobile phone
    to check your site to see if it is stolen or not.

Is this the only way that a phone can be 'found' ?

It would be nice if you wrote a little mobile app (besides MobiLedit) that downloaded onto your subscribers mobile phone , which contacted your server whenever it connected to the internet to see if the handset was
    reported stolen. If so then some action could be taken (still thinking what
    that could be - can network operators send kill signals to phones ? or
    perhaps use location based services to track it )

aspnet wrote:
    Sharkman ,

I've looked at your site and have a question for you ...

It seems that it is up to the individual who buys a second hand mobile phone
    to check your site to see if it is stolen or not.

Is this the only way that a phone can be 'found' ?

It would be nice if you wrote a little mobile app (besides MobiLedit) that downloaded onto your subscribers mobile phone , which contacted your server whenever it connected to the internet to see if the handset was
    reported stolen. If so then some action could be taken (still thinking what
    that could be - can network operators send kill signals to phones ? or

It's not my site aspnet , I just think its a step in the right direction .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

aspnet wrote:
    - can network operators send kill signals to phones ? or

kill packets cannot be sent to mobiles as standard out of the box. Only option is an EIR bar but flashing the IMEI gets you round that.

Location based services are already used to track mobiles but only in exceptional circumstances.

• Advertisement
Advertisement