Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming IrelandOffline meetings

Options
  • 10-05-2005 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭

We have a busy week ahead of us next week. IrelandOffline will be meeting with ComReg, BT and Smart Telecom.

I'll keep you all posted as things develop.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Tell Comreg I said to start regulating and stop covering up.

Tell BT I said to fix their f*cking billing system.

Tell Smart I said to stop exaggerating their numbers.

That is all.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

dahamsta wrote:

Tell Comreg I said to start regulating and stop covering up.

Regulating is hard work, much easier to get someone else
    to make up figures err do representative surveys and
    present those as facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Last week IrelandOffline met with Forfas, BT Ireland, ComReg and Smart Telecom. We are not going to discuss exact details of the meetings since this is a public forum where lots of vested interests come in and have a read. *waves*

A recurring theme in all meetings was the low Internet penetration rate and methods to encourage more people to get online as well as ways to get dialup users to move over to broadband.

The meeting with Forfas discussed their report on broadband from last November and a new report they'll be working on this year. They were very interested in our views and our perspective. We discussed the main issues that we get a lot of emails and posts about. The number one issue is availability and the definition of availability. We strongly put across our point that nobody should be using this 80% availability figure which was defined by a marketing department.

The meeting with BT discussed LLU and their current experiences with it. We also discussed possible future products and what kind of products a consumer would like.

The meeting with ComReg discussed consumer issues we both experienced via our membership and via their consumerline. We discussed our views on LLU and the USO. Like the meeting with forfas we strongly put across our point that nobody should be using this 80% availability figure and a proper definition of availability is needed. ComReg encouraged us to keep sending in submissions to their consultations and to encourage all posters on this forum and all IrelandOffline members to send in sumissions.

The meeting with Smart mostly centred on LLU and their experiences with rolling out and with being the newest operator to do LLU.

Advertisement