Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What to buy.....

Options
  • 10-05-2005 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Im changing my car in the next few weeks. I drive a modified Honda civic that is being featured in Flush Bus and Max Power.. Tis a beauty of a car, but Im soooo sick to death of people judging me for what I drive and I have decided to change to something alot plainer looking, but a bit of power.

Im restricted because of age.. Under a 2L anyway.
    Im thinking of
    1) civic type-r
    I can bring one over from japan, EK9 '98 for about 11k. Its a 1.6 dohc Vtec. 185bhp off teh line, but changing to 97ron fuel, most come in at 175-180bhp. Lots of work can be done to these cars, and they are quick already and rock solid to drive.

2 Supercharged Levin
    Standard 1.6 n/a toyota, but quite pokey, then there is the supercharger.. Running about 180bhp - 190bhp. Not mad on the look, but again, nice to drive. '98 about 8 or 9k from japland

3 Skyline R34
    There is a n/a version of this, its a 2L without the turbo.. Quick enough, but very attractive car :D
    I can pick one up in the jap auctions for about 14k on the road!

I would apriciate any help or suggestions. Im not stuck on these 3 cars, any other suggestions will be welcomed! My budget is under 15k and engine size 1.6 vtec/mivec or 2L n/a.

Thanks in advance
    Buzz

Which do I buy..... 22 votes

Civic Type-r EK9
    0%
    98 Supercharged Levin
    31%
    buzzLFCFanAthAnRiubuCassielRatchetciarsd 7 votes
    Skyline R34 2L n/a
    9%
    the evil bellyLFCFan 2 votes
    mivec colt cyborg r
    59%
    the evil bellyLFCFanvibe666vengeance52stevieg_irlubujayokgarhelenEoinRunning BingcamarobillCurranPaulKK 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

mivec colt cyborg r
    C'mon skyline by a mile. Engineering at it's finest ( and that G-force metre is really cool!)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

98 Supercharged Levin
    Babybing wrote:
    C'mon skyline by a mile. Engineering at it's finest ( and that G-force metre is really cool!)

But the only thing thats stopping me is the fact that its n/a.... wots the point! Its like buying a 1.6 scooby!! Its only for show. I love skylines, and the R34 is a beauty, but this time im going for a car with a bit of power that I can drive and not worry about parking it in the shoppingcentre and people banging into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

98 Supercharged Levin
    buzz, with all due respect if you are only changing cars to get away from being judged in your car at present, similar things are going to happen in the cars youve mentioned that your looking into :(

but of the three cars, i think youve answered your own question - #1 the CTR - although fast becoming common on our roads - im sure you will make it look individual

Advertisement