Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Final - Where to go watch it?

• 10-05-2005 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

As a Liverpool fan, any ideas where'd be a good spot to watch the final in town (Dublin)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Fitzsimons has a huge screen, thats always good. And it will be packed. Head in around 5 and youll have an absolutely great nite win or lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Frasiers o'connell street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

DeVores Gaff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I'll be watching it from behind the sofa with one eye closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

will be watching it in boston, hope we win now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'll hopefully be watching it in Istanbul :) - looking very likely now. If you're anywhere near Tallaght though, I'd recommend the Belgard Inn. It's a big Liverpool pub, but get there early, I reckon they'll have to shut the doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

For any Liverpool fans not going to the game Id recommend:

Boat to Liverpool and beers in Aldo's Place.

The boat is only €32 and a cheap hotel can be got for as little as £20 a head.

And to be honest Id prefer to be dancing in the streets of Liverpool over Istanbul if they win the thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

And to be honest Id prefer to be dancing in the streets of Liverpool over Istanbul if they win the thing!
    Would be fairly cool though to buy a firearm before the game and be able to start shooting into the air in celebration - nutters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

For any Liverpool fans not going to the game Id recommend:

Boat to Liverpool and beers in Aldo's Place.

The boat is only €32 and a cheap hotel can be got for as little as £20 a head.

That's the fall back plan if my tickets for the match fall through. There's a good crowd going over by the sounds of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

LFC are supposedly trying to organise showing it on a big screen in Anfield. Not definite yet though, theyre having trouble trying to get stewards for it as most of match day stewards will be in istanbul.
    i booked my flights yesterday, istanbul here i come!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

did you manage to get tickets in the end ianomccabe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

ianomccabe wrote:
    LFC are supposedly trying to organise showing it on a big screen in Anfield. Not definite yet though, theyre having trouble trying to get stewards for it as most of match day stewards will be in istanbul.
    i booked my flights yesterday, istanbul here i come!

Where did ya get the flights ? How much were they ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Anyone recommend a good place in Cork to watch it?
    Thinking of "the gallows" but the big screen there is a bit dodgy..also they seem to have bad luck when i watch em there! was there for both blackburn matches and act walked in at the second of the challange on cisse that destroyed him, seen man u beat em there and arsenal last weekend as well! come to think of it, not the gallows, can't remember them winning any of the games there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

O'Neills on Suffok street is great if you get a seat at the bar, thats where I watched United win in '99 and had a great night ha ha. Nearly went through the roof at the end, I was fairly tanked though, ah the memories. Much as I might hate ye to have a good night I begrudingly recommend it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

yeah have tickets for the game alright. booked my flights going through manchester. Just doing a daytrip which is 479 sterling including flights and transfers, no match ticket included.

booked the flights through www.sportops.com

Hope that helps

Advertisement