Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'broadband' at 16.7kbps... only in Ireland, only from Eircon

• 10-05-2005 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

I've noticed my web pages were taking forever to load tonight so after double checking all my equipment I ran the Irish ISP test and heres what I got...

download speed 16.7kbs

upload speed 50.3 kbps

WHAT A ****ING JOKE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Check out the ireland ofline forum under the 'hosted' tab. Mabye you'd like to get involved, and help get a better standard of broadband for everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

moshpit77 wrote:
    I've noticed my web pages were taking forever to load tonight so after double checking all my equipment I ran the Irish ISP test and heres what I got...

download speed 16.7kbs

upload speed 50.3 kbps

WHAT A ****ING JOKE
    Unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Now that is F**king weak. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Thats just plain unnacceptable. Ring them, and shout and then shout some more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

& what have eircon got to say about it????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

My conn was pratically non existent tonight till now , pings ahve been growing around peak time for the last few weeks .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Infini wrote:
    Now that is F**king weak. :(

Infini, The 180Kb/s you were getting (NTL) dont seem so bad now !! :) BTW MS rate limit downloads based on the number of people downloading from any area ( In particular Technet areas ) so the 180 is probably due to B end limitiation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Very true, the worst possible line test is to download a service pack from Windows Update. These do not come from MS 'direct' but from a throttled Akamai cache 'somewhere' and normally never at full line speed save about 3am - 6am ....which is when I run SUS server anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

I'm on eircom home plus, its totally f\/cked. 1500m/sec ping times, this reply took 10 mins to load/post, worse result than the thread starter on the irish speedtest page (upload non-existant). Couple of others on irc are having the same problem as well. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

well mine is back to normal speeds this morning, must have been just a temporary fault. i sure hope it doesnt become a regular occurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

A few people on different exchanges were having the problem bud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,295 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm on Business IP here, and its going well below rated speed today.

This line is sold UNCONTENDED. Bastards.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Arabel wrote:
    Thats just plain unnacceptable. Ring them, and shout and then shout some more.

I know connection is crap and all but what the hell is that going to achieve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

it's called venting

and by the way, about 10 minutes after I posted that this morning my speed was down below dialup speeds again and has been ever since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

moshpit77 wrote:
    it's called venting

and by the way, about 10 minutes after I posted that this morning my speed was down below dialup speeds again and has been ever since

Still in that boat with you , it has to be exchange related .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

TomTom wrote:
    I know connection is crap and all but what the hell is that going to achieve?

moral satisfaction?

MYOB wrote:
    I'm on Business IP here, and its going well below rated speed today.

This line is sold UNCONTENDED. Bastards.

I would like to row in on this also. We have 256k BIP with a SLA ffs.
    We are definatly seeing below par service at peak times.

Where the hell is the level of service we are paying through the damn nose for?? (four figure sum)

Our 2mb DSL is also operating around ISDN levels at peak hours :(

Advertisement