Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pubs!

• 10-05-2005 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Whats your favorite and least favorite pubs in catlebar? Just thought id make a post since theres been a few posts here lately and this place is normally dead.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I'm not a native of Castlebar, so most of my drinking experiences are of when I was a young buck piled in the back of a red cortina flying around the country to The Beaten Path, Midas, Belleek Castle and generally whereever there was flashing lights and it was dark !! ... Am I showing my age yet !! (34).

Anyways, I spent a weekend in Castlebar lately had a gang of golfing buddies down from Dublin, played Carne and Westport, but drank like a fish in McHales pub accross from The Welcome Inn ..... t'was great !!

Craic was good as was the beer, what more can you ask ... little totter accross the road to bed in The Welcome Inn (which was only middling).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

As a native of and resident in Castlebar, for all the pubs in the town there are very few that I'm comfortable in. McGoldricks would be my local but I'd also be a regular in Mick Byrnes and The Castle Inn. I'm not a huge fan of Rockys (unless it's early evening and there's room to breathe) or Bosh (same reason). I can't go to Cox's yet cos I'm not a married man over 50 or a single girl under 25 :D . Not many more that even merit a mention imho apart from Johnny McHales as was mentioned by Culchie where the Guinness is as good as I've ever tasted. Oh, I forgot to mention Ray Prendergasts - another good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

been ages since i drank there but iused to hang around the Irish House and Hennellys a lot cause all me friends hung out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I go into Rowlands on the main street good crowd of ppl good drink So I've been told (I'm a non drinker).

Advertisement