Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any nice restaurants in the City Center?

• 10-05-2005 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Is there a nice restaurant in the city center?? i live outside of town so i dont know but going out this weekend and i was just wondering if anyone new.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Which City? There is loads of them in the country you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Cafe Bar Deli - Georges St

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Burger King - universal in all cities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Is there any nice restaurants in the City Center?
    ARE there any nice restaurants in the City Center?
    ffs like :eek: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

shut up.

Jaiper on Georges street is very nice. Indian place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

Depending on the city, but cork has
    scoozies - excellent food
    The cafe bistro - more expensive but lovely food

Avoid like the plague zanzibarr, went in for a meal last week, it wasnt very busy at all and after 25 mins we didnt get served at all so got up and left, there where 3 servers and I would guess 7 other tables so wasnt like they where off their feet busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

astec123 wrote:
    Depending on the city, but cork has
    scoozies - excellent food

That place is gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Tusky wrote:
    shut up.

Jaiper on Georges street is very nice. Indian place.

Hmmm I've been meaning to try that out for some time. I've never eaten too much Indian before, but like the hot curry kinda thing. Any recommendations on what to order?

I like chinese food, and I think Kingsland on Dame Street is quite nice (and reasonable too).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is The Cedar Tree still around? And Tante Zoe's. I used to like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Is Jaipur a chain? Cos there is one of them in Malahide I think too. Not a cheapo chain now, the one out there is very expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭madmorphy

City Centre
    Donkey ffs like :eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Is The Cedar Tree still around? And Tante Zoe's. I used to like them.

Yep. Cedar is still there. Haven't tried it, but a Lebanese friend is always raving about it being lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭cil_aine

mermaid cafe and clarence hotel . v.expensive. mermaid cafe is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

madmorphy wrote:
    City Centre
    That depends on which version of English spelling you use... US/British... either is fine.
    ffs like :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Trocadero (sp?) near Andrew's Lane. Fantastic. A bit on the expensive side, but they have a pre-theatre dinner before 7 or 8 that's excellent value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

Chapter One on Parnell Square. Absolutely the best restaurant I've been to in Dublin. Knowledgable, friendly staff. Very welcoming atmosphere. Nice decor. They asked if it was anyone in our group's birthday that day. As it happened, it was. Next thing we know, they whip out a birthday cake with candles 'n' all (for free) and the whole restaurant is singing Happy Birthday to one of the girls. Very surprising. It was a wee bit pricey, but the food and wine were absolutely fantastic. It was one experience where I didn't mind paying a relatively large amount (total bill for four was around the €350 mark for 3 courses and two bottles of wine) as it was just so good. They also do a pre-theatre menu for a lot less. The dress code is very forgiving too. I know because of the cringeworthy photos that showed up a coupla weeks later. I'd definitely go there again, albeit in disguise. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

Jaiper on Georges street is very nice. Indian place- Agreed! :D

nagina tandoori is on the other side of georges st & further down towards dame st.
    its cheap you'll get a really nice filling indian meal with a starter for the price of a burger chips & large coke in eddie rockets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

peploes on St Stephens green
    Chapter One on Parnell Square

Both great places with fantastic food....a little pricey tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

Montys of Kathmandu

I loooove that place

Indian with a twist, well Nepalese (sp?)

Fair price, best curries I ever had in Ireland.

Thai Orchid is pretty cool, early bird menu is scabby tho. Better off going for the whole thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

madmorphy wrote:
    City Centre

An Lár ffs. Says so on all the buses!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

Aroma is really nice. It's across the road from the Opera House, next door to Marble & Lemon. In Cork.

I can't say i'm the biggest fan of Scoozi's. I find there* food to be a bit bland although I do like the Banoffee ie that they have>

Tante Zoe's is my favourite restaurant in Dublin. The Acadian Swordfish is so very good. I always like to go for different options in the same restaurants but this one always gets a lot of consideration.

j

*for the benefit of DonkeyStyle \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Tammyo

Dandeline on Stephens Green is great, quite reasonable and they have a varied menu, from pastas to burgers and many more...Atmosphere is lovely too. Oh and be sure to try the cheesecake for desert- heaven!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭kstanl

I do like Jaipur but if it's Indian you're after, Kinara in Clontarf is my favourite (despite the fact that it's more Pakistani/Afghan than Indian)! At any rate, it's superb.

Advertisement