Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

booking a dj

• 10-05-2005 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

I'm trying to book lisa lashes for one off gig does anyone have a direct method of contacting her agent i've tried booking tall paul before but was put off by the price i was given £3500 and i was told i could get him alot cheaper if i had contacted his agent first.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Good to see someone in the line of quality dance music promotion.

If you look at Lashes website Im sure you can get info on booking information. And to be honest if you had to pay 3500 for her it would still be a bargain seeing as no matter where you put her on in this beautiful isle that you are guaranteed a 1000 capacity sell out at 20 quid a head.

The phrase "cha-ching" springs to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭tom thumb

i wouldn't be into her music in the slightest but i think it would be a good starting block i have a venue just need her......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i wouldn't pay her to do my dishes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i wouldn't pay her to do my dishes!
    well actually, i probably would, but it wouldn't be much, she wouldn't be able to live of it or anything. 40cent? Give or take? i dunno...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Stix

Why book a dj when you can book a band ?

sent her an email i'll probably get told to go jump off a bridge...

there's a huge market for her where i live in the sticks it might be worth a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭zafa

they probably wont even reply to you unless youve run gigs before, have a lot of money, have a good business plan, have a venue, have a set date, and have a clue what youre talking about in terms of promotion

from your first post id imagine you have none of the above, would i be right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Good to see someone in the line of quality dance music promotion

I hope to Jaysus that's a joke!? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Stix wrote:
    Why book a dj when you can book a band ?
    you do realise this is the dance/electonic forum?

the real question should be, why book someone like Lisa Lashes when you could prolly get OD404 to do a live PA and someone like Marc Johnson to rinse out the filth afterwards for the same money...
    no interest in bringing the scene forward, i guess...

• Advertisement

you'd be right in saying i've no experience and you hit the nail on the head when you said they'd fog me off they said fill out the form on her website which is going to take a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

go for it make the cash & give the people what they wanT!!! ;)

cheers kingsize i'll let you know how i get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

tman wrote:
    why book someone like Lisa Lashes when you could prolly get OD404 to do a live PA and someone like Marc Johnson to rinse out the filth afterwards for the same money...
    no interest in bringing the scene forward, i guess...

I think it's more a case of who's gonna fill a venue the quickest.
    Unfortunately, these days you don't have to be good to draw a big crowd.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

if it dublin, is it not very unlikely she will say yes? not jsut the whole lack of experience and no money or venue, but for the fact she plays the redbox?

trying geting a dj who hasnt played here before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

You'd want to plan it for a mid-2006 date if it's a more mainstream dance act - there are a LOT of big names playing this summer, esp. in marlay park. Also, make sure you organise your promotion well in advance - Get your flyers from the printers well in advance, post on boards, ring the various pirate stations and offer free tickets : that sort of thing. Good luck with your venture but be careful, it's a very tricky business to get right.

cheers jim i know what you mean by sticky i've to set a side a bit of money just to payoff a guy who is in charge of dj's weekly for the venue there's so many hidden costs...

Advertisement