Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pedal Poblems-help me anyone

• 11-05-2005 12:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok first off i was a guitar play but ive switched to bass so i need pedals that can cover both to a reasonable level,o and i play metal primarily.

Ok first off does anyone know any sites where i can get the mxr "the Brick"? ive spanned the net and i cant seem to find one,itd be pretty hady with all the mxr pedals i have running on 18v which is a bitch cuz i have a pedalboad that only runs 9v,or even something that does the same job as the brick would be good.

Next: as i play finger bass the levels sometimes vary you know with all the fingers being different strengths and i was told a compresser pedal would help even that out,next i was told it was good for guitar too for cutting down exess noise on lead parts.Is that correct and if it is what compresser would do a good job,i was looking at the mxr super comp but im not really shure.

Last: I recently got the MXR kfk10 band eq and im having trouble getting a decent setting out of it,like at the moment im only using it for a booster for my guitar solos but i know its capable of so much more on both bass and guitar, anyone that could give me cool settings for both bass and guitar would be like the most helpfull person in the world ever.
    O yea and if anyone out there could tell me if this theory of mine would work id be cool aswell.Could the kfk be run directly into a cab and be used as kindaa mini head cus it has gain levels controls and obviously an eq.

Thanks to anyone who answers me any of that as ive been looking for answers for a good while.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The KFK won't have enough power to drive the cab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

the boss compressor, (cs-3) is excellent. I play guitar and bass aswell, I use a boss oc-3 as well. great pedal but goes a bit funny when you play two notes at once on the bass?

http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/p_compactpedals.html

There's a few pedals suitable for guitar and bass here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

A compressor isn't going to cloak bad technique. If you find your finger playing erratic, then switch to a plec when people are listening to you and practice like a mofo to nail your technique in the meantime. You shouldn't need a compressor, they do effect the sound of your playing greatly and can kill your tone if used incorrectly.

And as Fey said, an EQ won't be able to run your cab, you will need a power amp of some sort to actually provide the requisite power to drive the speaker. If you are having trouble getting a good tone out of it, forget about just putting a shape on it and hoping for the best. Set everything flat and go through each band of eq in turn, try boosting and cutting, see what sounds good to you. Be subtle, of ten a dB or two is more than ample to have the desired effect. There isn't a setting we could give you, every setup is different and sounds different and what works on one setup may sound ****e on another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

not to sound like an ignorent fu<k here but my technique isnt bad, but its kina hard when your playing something like holy wars when every finger is mooovin so fast,im not ever using a pick though i really actually cant use em on bass for some reason it just feels wrong,also it dont sound as good in my opinion.thankx for your help though

Advertisement