Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Andreas GTA

Options
  • 11-05-2005 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

:confused: Does any body know is this game avail on PC format yet?

YAPP

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

7th June or there abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Eye

pretty sure i read somewhere it was 7th of june for the US release and 10th of june for the European release....must go check it again, can't wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭YAPP

Thanks guys.....

Do you remember how much?
    Where can I buy it?
    Can i run it on win 98?

Yapp

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It will soon be time to offload my PS2 copy then... :)

I always prefer the GTA games on PC, but just can't endure the wait after the playstation launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Eye

dunno about playing it with win98, on the rockstar site they only mention win2k and XP as supported.

as it stands my age'ing 64mb Geforce 3 Ti500 is barely gonna make the min specs for it :(

damnit i'll make it work no matter how bad it looks once it plays smooth thats all i really care about ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

10th of june for the European release
    <- rocks forward and backward with glazed eyes and foaming mouth
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I managed to avoid playing it on PS2. I'm pretty much champing at the bit to get it on PC myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I've avoided all spoilers, I can't wait for the game.:D

eye,

I'm sure you will still get more frames per second than the poor ps2 owners lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Praetorian wrote:

eye,

I'm sure you will still get more frames per second than the poor ps2 owners lol ;)

wow congrats on that, how did you manage to hold off soo long?

i played through the ps2 version but stopped after that might get it on pc to see hos it should have been without all the glitches

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I played the first two cities on the PS2 ( about half the game ) and im keeping the rest for the PC version. Gonna start from the start...looking forward to it. How are the controls on the pc though ? I immagine driving being a bit hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

I played about half way through on the ps2 version but I reckon I'll still like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Tusky wrote:
    How are the controls on the pc though ? I immagine driving being a bit hard.

Controls are a bitr weird but manageable. Get a PS2alike controller, u should be fine. But I remember Vice City trying to fly helicopters with the numpad, omg that frustrated me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I've completed it 100% on the PS2...but I'm still considering getting it for the PC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Haven't you played Vice City or GTA3 on PC before? Their controls were fine (keyboard + mouse).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

Cant wait to see the graphics in the PC version as there was just too much fog and fuzzyness in the PS2 version due to its very aged hardware.

The X-Box is still a very capable machine and should be identical to GTA:SA played on a high end PC!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Praetorian wrote:

eye,

Man, how could you have avoided hearing about the space station ending to the game :eek: ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Stephen wrote:
    Haven't you played Vice City or GTA3 on PC before? Their controls were fine (keyboard + mouse).

indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Delly,

If that is true, I'll hunt you down to the ends of the earth and melt you slowly with my plasma gun :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was disappointed with the soundtrack. It's lukewarm compared to the excellent Vice City one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I was disappointed with the soundtrack. It's lukewarm compared to the excellent Vice City one.

agreed the vice city soundtrack is one the best compilation albums, ive listened to it loads of time

"Your listening to Fernando on emotion"

I love you Fernando!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Retr0gamer wrote:
    true

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Praetorian wrote:
    Delly,

If that is true, I'll hunt you down to the ends of the earth and melt you slowly with my plasma gun :)
    Nah, just kidding. Great game tho'.

I have it on PS2 but its true to say that it'll be a totally different gaming experience on a PC. Unfortunetly my 'rig' is a little below the minimums with a PIII 700 mhz processor, 512MB ram, and a 256MB cheapo ATI 9250.

GTA Vice City ran grand on it, but i don't know about this one. Its unfortunate that GAME have stopped the 10 day return on PC games, as it was good to check to see if certain titles would run ok or not. I have games that work fine although i am below there processor miniumums, but its a risk i can't take now if i can't bring the game back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

A question about the latter GTA games on the PC, can you still have a 'custom' radio station, with music from a cd or mp3 as you could in the first two games?

jonnybadd wrote:
    A question about the latter GTA games on the PC, can you still have a 'custom' radio station, with music from a cd or mp3 as you could in the first two games?
    yep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭YAPP

Thanks for that lads,

So does any body actually have the min spec reqd to run this game?

Also, How much will it cost?

thanks guys,

Vincent

YAPP wrote:
    Thanks for that lads,

So does any body actually have the min spec reqd to run this game?

Also, How much will it cost?

thanks guys,

Vincent
    You do know that most companys promote there product with a dedicated 'website' on the 'internet'.

http://www.rockstargames.com/sanandreas/pc/

Advertisement