Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dublin - Killarney

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

If they did that, they'd encougage more rat racers to go that way. That road is grand, because f-all people know about it ;)

The new bypass comes out on the Dublin road, at the old turn off for Newport...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

kermit_ie wrote:
    If they did that, they'd encougage more rat racers to go that way. .......

The ultimate Traffic Calming device.... make the road so dangerous you'd not pass crawling speed... Crude but effective.

Thx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

just back, decent drive. You don't even need a map as long as you know the roads you have to stick too. It took over 5 hours to get there:( But the drive back was only 4 hours. I'm just glad to be back. The last hour drive is a killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

AMurphy wrote:
    Teh reason I observed it was I was cutting across some by roads between the UL are and the Tipp road, when I encountered an overpass across the little backroad. However, "typical Half assed execution", was one comment that came to mind at the intersection of the two. Right at the overpass, the little road I was on had a nasty wrinkle of twists & turns.
    You realise they did bypass part of the Tipperary Road?

Didn't have time to rediscover the trafic routing about Limerick at the time, so I'll believe you.

• Advertisement

bonzai bob wrote:
    ....... The last hour drive is a killer!

Pretty good,
    So what was your max speed, we know your average, 40 & 50.

The last hour into Dub is where I find the frustration level reaching "active volcano" level also, which might explain why I stop for an "unwind", which might also explain why it takes me an hour longer than average.

So apart fromt he driving, how was the rest of the weekend, "Mission Accomplished", Y/N?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

i'd say yes, it's a nice part of the country, i haven't really explored any kind of countryside in my lifetime, so my girlfriend thought it was 'weird' that i had never walked barefoot in a lake surrounded by mountains before. That was the highlight for me. That and standing on the balcony of the hotel with a view over the lake and mountains as the sun went down. Tis a good hotel, www.lakehotel.ie, great views! We stayed in the superior room.

Of course my max speed was 120 on the M7;) but i may have 'accidentally' crept over that on the way back, accidentally of course. I find motorists, and people in general, are nicer in the country, more than happy to pull in for you and let you by, that was a nice surprise!

Ah, well your pending arrival was an international item of discussion. So you were expected. Not everyone gets that treatment on their maiden voyage to the West. TTFN :D

Advertisement