Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish broadband, time to install

• 11-05-2005 8:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've just ordered the ibb 2mb breeze connection. I'm just wondering around how long does it take before they come out and install it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Druid

Approx 3 weeks.

You are normally contacted a few days before hand to arrange a time. They actually are fairly prompt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

They took about 4 months to come out to me :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Took just short of 4 months for me too. It all depends on which mast you are attempting to go on and what capacity they have. If the mast is full, then forget it any time within a couple of month regardless of what they tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

took 2 weeks for me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Hopefully it won't be 4 months. I'll be on the donnybroke mast. They said on the phone 3 - 4 weeks. So hopefully that's what it takes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

I ordered mine in September...... Go installed in Febuary!! :eek:

I was waiting for the Baldoyle site to go live, eventually i got a call early feb to ask if i still wanted to go ahead.... the next morning they came out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

They say a lot of things on the phone... They told me 4-6 weeks, but ended up with 4 months. Until you get the call asking if you are available for install on a given date, dont count on anything they tell you on the phone! And then hope to crap it's not raining / blowing a gale that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

i got mine in about 4 days :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

They quoted up to 6 weeks for me but came in the second week... nice quick install too, fair play to the guys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

4 months for me but that was last year around september !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭puma5k

I had order in Nov 2004 but the transmitter didn't go live until March. But that i could under stand as they where only setting up. from the time the transmitter went live they where out in 2 days well faster if i wasn't busy. So it seems it all depends on the availability and demand in different sectors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Subliminal

They said 3 weeks, and after 2 the two lads came out....40 mins later said i hadnt got a strong enough signal, that the signal was strong, but it kept dropping packets. 20 mins after they leave, the guy rings me and says...oooh we just found out the site had been having technical diffs while we were installing your BB, we will get an engineer out to install once the site is fixed...

That was 7 days ago...!!!!!!

I have contacted them EVERYDAY and still no engineers. Whats up with there customer services? Im getting 2mb/2mb aswell to host a game server, about 10 -15 player max. Ive been told to expect a ping of:

Max ( Worst ) 90 ish
    Min ( Best ) 15

Sub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Subliminal wrote:
    They said 3 weeks, and after 2 the two lads came out....40 mins later said i hadnt got a strong enough signal, that the signal was strong, but it kept dropping packets. 20 mins after they leave, the guy rings me and says...oooh we just found out the site had been having technical diffs while we were installing your BB, we will get an engineer out to install once the site is fixed...

That was 7 days ago...!!!!!!

I have contacted them EVERYDAY and still no engineers. Whats up with there customer services? Im getting 2mb/2mb aswell to host a game server, about 10 -15 player max. Ive been told to expect a ping of:

Max ( Worst ) 90 ish
    Min ( Best ) 15

Sub

dont tell them about your "hosting plan" they dont allow it its in the contract "strictly no servers"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I was 2 months waiting for mine. But they told me there was a problem and they couldent do it for 2 months.

Advertisement