Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

peta - action?

Options
  • 11-05-2005 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

so peta have plans next wednesday to hand out buckets of fake blood, fethers and bones all wrapped up in a fake chicken skin to promote awareness of "the evile murderers" kfc.

are this group completely retarded?
    fair enough, i dont have a problem with people not eating meat, but why have a problem with others eating it?

as quoted by kfc ireland, "we get our chicken from the same suppliers as other leading retailers"
    so it cant be kfcs ethical treatment, if there doing it the same as everyone else.

this is the most hypocritcal group in existence.
    they are agasinst all forms of animal testing, including for human medical treatments, yet there vice president is kept alive by medicine developed through animal testing
    they are outraged at animals being "put to sleep", yet they ""put to sleep" thousands of dogs each year in the US.

i cant get across how much i hate peta, :/
    and to top it all off, there not handing this crap out at there local restaurant, th kfc head office or somewhere else suitable.
    theyve picked a northisde school, de la salle raheny, for there stunt.

afaik there isnt a kfc in miles of that school.

just want a bit of publicity i guess.
    well have it all you want.
    muppets

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

i cant stand them either. i'll eat a big steak in their honour...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Chalk wrote:
    peta have plans next wednesday to hand out buckets of fake blood, fethers and bones all wrapped up in a fake chicken skin

MMM...sounds tasty. Supersize me please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

while having no opinion on peta, i do think its important though to raise awareness on treatment on animals, and yup i agree, handing it out side a school aint the best policy , why dont they hand out the "blood buckets" outside the kfc places?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Shower of middle class gobsh1ts with nothing better to do, :D peta

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

and how else do you expect them to get their message across. As i explained in the last kfc post. There is no point complaining about KFC or any other retailer because its supply and demand.

They are becoming the militant (used with a pinch of salt here) wing of vegetarians. You want to stop kfc etc. Then kill the demand. Not only will they successfully convince some confused child that eating meat is murder but also they'll get the press coverage they need. End result is if they go at this long enough they could bring demand down.

Now i'm not against vegetarians, hell my sister is one. But its a choice made for personal reasons and i support support groups but PETA are unrealistic and are trying to force people with scare tactics.

anyway kfc chicken tastes horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    and how else do you expect them to get their message across.

perhaps they could try using reasonable arguments like the rest of the world?

saying things like "all animal testing is wrong" and "animal testing does not relate to humans" when they use the stuff themselves is pointless.

they support the alf, terrorists who blow up buildings and endanger peoples lives.
    http://www.activistcash.com/index_organizations.cfm

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals provides aid and comfort for the Earth Liberation Front (ELF) and the Animal Liberation Front (ALF). The two groups are responsible for more than 600 crimes since 1996, causing (by a very conservative FBI estimate) more than $43 million in damage. ALF’s “press office” brags that in 2002, the two groups committed “100 illegal direct actions” -- like blowing up SUVs, destroying the brakes on seafood delivery trucks, and planting firebombs in restaurants.
    The FBI calls ALF and ELF the nation’s “most serious domestic terrorism threat.” Bruce Friedrich, PETA’s “vegan campaign director” and third-in-command, didn’t seem to care when he addressed the Animal Rights 2001 convention in Virginia, telling a crowd of over 1,000 activists that “blowing stuff up and smashing windows” is “a great way to bring about animal liberation.”

“It would be great,” he added, “if all the fast-food outlets, slaughterhouses, these laboratories and the banks who fund them exploded tomorrow.”

PETA’s connections to ALF and ELF are indisputable. “We did it, we did it. We gave $1,500 to the ELF for a specific program,” PETA’s Lisa Lange admitted on the Fox News Channel. PETA has offered no fewer than eight different explanations of what the “specific program” was, but law enforcement leaders have noted that since the Earth Liberation Front is a criminal enterprise, it has absolutely no legal “programs” of any kind.

For instance, in 2003, ELF set fire to an unfinished, 200 unit condominium complex near San Diego. The arson caused $50 million in damage, and according to a San Diego Fire Captain: “It could have killed someone.” ELF left its calling card in the form of a twelve foot sign that read: “If you build it -- we will burn it -- the ELF’s are mad.”

PETA also has given $2,000 to David Wilson, then a national ALF “spokesperson.” The group paid $27,000 for the legal defense of Roger Troen, who was arrested for taking part in an October 1986 burglary and arson at the University of Oregon. It gave $7,500 to Fran Stephanie Trutt, who tried to murder the president of a medical laboratory. It gave $5,000 to Josh Harper, who attacked Native Americans on a whale hunt by throwing smoke bombs, shooting flares, and spraying their faces with chemical fire extinguishers. All of these monies were paid out of tax-exempt funds, the same pot of money constantly enlarged by donations from an unsuspecting general public.

PETA president Ingrid Newkirk is also an acknowledged financial supporter of a publication called No Compromise. This periodical operates on behalf of the radicals of ALF, and often publishes underground “communiqués” and calls to arms from ALF leaders.

perhaps they could try using reasonable arguments like the rest of the world?

who listens to reasonable arguments?

scare tactics work. its horrible yes, but its the way of the media. (*cough* recent iraq war? *cough*)

well they may be getting money and publicity,
    but there hardly working towards bringing about the change in thought that actauly achieve their goals.

oh thats right,
    their goals are unworkable.
    "no compromise!" and all that.

scare tactics it is,
    anyone who goes to de la salle , beat the fvck out out of them cvnts, pour there fvcking fake blood all over them and tell them to fvck off back to d4 or whatver 5 bed semi-d they crawled out from under.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Would love to perform a drive-by offal-slinging on them.

what i never understand is that the basis of democracy is a comprimise to give everyone as much freedom as possible.

Then we have a group like PETA demanding no comprimise and crying its their democratic right...

*sigh*

• Advertisement

hardCopy wrote:
    Would love to perform a drive-by offal-slinging on them.

Can I help with that? It would have to be your car though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    They are becoming the militant (used with a pinch of salt here) wing of vegetarians.

Was just listenin to a rep of theirs on Joey D, are you sure they're promoting vegatarianism? The wan on the radio seemd like she she more just against poor conditions and treatments of animals?

This is something I'd be in support of, not particularly bothered about animals, but better conditions means better food!

One thing that pi$sed me off about her was they (openly admitted) haven't inspected any Irish food plants - they're here to promote awareness about worldwide plants. Woulda made much more sense to have some local evidence to back up their beliefs.

thinking about it...the reason they are doing it here could be to trick the world with good press.

think about it. How big are KFC in ireland? they are f*cking tiny. I mean there are one at a few shopping centres but nowhere near the amount of burger kings, mcdonalds or Supermacs even. I even think Eddie Rockets outnumber them.

So if PETA do a small campaign and KFC sales in ireland drop (easy seeing how small they are) or even close shop in ireland, then PETA have a great publicity of WE KICKED KFC OUT OF IRELAND. which will be seen as a great victory when in reality it means nothing.

In promoting vegataianism, they do it because aftr every ad and poster by them, there is a number for getting a vegetarian starter pack.

and better conditions does equel better food. but also means the food will cost more to supply and cost us more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Despatch wrote:
    Can I help with that? It would have to be your car though :)

Sorry man, would love to but I'm too busy with exams and such

BTW is this the main PETA leadership types or a group of students from De La Salle who are members of PETA?

Seems like quite a random school to start with. Why not some well known private school attended by famous politicians kids?

Was just listenin to a rep of theirs on Joey D, are you sure they're promoting vegatarianism? The wan on the radio seemd like she she more just against poor conditions and treatments of animals?

there for the "ethical treatment of animals"

which in there fantasy world,
    means setting every animal free from captivity,
    including but not limited to-
    aquariums
    nature reserves
    zoos
    pets, yes, dogs, cats and goldfish icluded
    and any other place an animal is put by a human

they believe animasl are equals to humans,
    including ants and flies,
    and that we have no right to eat or keep for our entertainment.

sounds like they promote vegetarianism to me......

Chalk wrote:

aquariums
    nature reserves
    zoos

given that humans are animals too, does that mean we should open the prison gates and let out all the headers from the mental hospital?

Born free, as free as the wind blows
    As free as the grass grows

well i think some animals are more equal than others ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Chalk wrote:

aquariums
    nature reserves
    zoos

Yeah I completely believe ya it's just the joe duffy interview was the first I'd ever heard of em.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Despatch wrote:
    given that humans are animals too
    thought we were mamels? (that how u spell it?)

well so are cows...and we eat them.

• Advertisement

axer wrote:
    thought we were mamels? (that how u spell it?)

Yes we are mammals and like reptiles, birds, fish etc. we are all just animals

I suppose we need extremists like peta etc. to balance the world - or am i just talking ****e?

axer wrote:
    I suppose we need extremists like peta etc. to balance the world - or am i just talking ****e?
    what do they balance out?

if they think eating meat is wrong,
    what about the old saying "2 wrongs dont make a right"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

If you actually read their website, most the stuff they say is quite true. Watch the videos of slaughterhouses. It almost made me a vegetarian.

Still, KFC does make the best fried chicken.

I thought they didnt think eating meat is wrong just mal treatment of animals before they are killed. I dont think they can fully succeed in wiping out this mass production of meat - i.e. like the way KFC do it etc but they might be able to create enough awareness to lessen the amount of it that occurs. That would kinda balance it out.

The huge protein boost that came from beginning to eat meat is what caused the human brain to grow and become more intelligent. Do peta want us to go back to eating each others fleas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well they argue that, yes, we needed meat back then, but we've evolved to the point, where we dont need to eat meat anymore. Thats why they're not against animals killing each other in the wild.

Blisterman wrote:
    Well they argue that, yes, we needed meat back then, but we've evolved to the point, where we dont need to eat meat anymore. Thats why they're not against animals killing each other in the wild.

Yeah, I'd like to see them try to convince a lion that meat is murder - no really kitty, try this lovely gazelle shaped tofu dipper instead :)

Watch the videos of slaughterhouses. It almost made me a vegetarian.
    thats would be your own decision,
    go see how black pudding is made, saussages, a nice steak.
    it all comes from dead animals,

fair enough peta have some of the worst videos to show you of a cow being killed,
    theyve ben showing the same one for years of course ;)
    do you think that the majority of the animals in captivity wont starve to death in a few motnhs if we let them all run free?
    then we wont even be eating them and theyll still be dead,
    from starvation though, which is a much crueller way to die than decapitation.

on the subject of we dont need to eat anymore
    how do they know what our brains might or might not evolve into?
    if someone stopped us eating meat a million years ago because we could make axes would that have been fun?

• Advertisement

Blisterman wrote:

But if we keep eating meat - wont we get smarter!!! :d

I'd love to see them out protesting about animals killing each other in the plains of africa in the middle of a lion pack. I'd say thats why they are not against animals killing each other!

Advertisement