Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

peta - action?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well they dont want all the animals to be released into the wild. They want enough people to become vegetarians that farmers gradually stop breeding animals for food.

Its from their website. Im not a vegetarian (See the vegetariabism thread for why not).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

axer wrote:
    But if we keep eating meat - wont we get smarter!!! :d

I wonder if the reverse is also true - it could explain a lot of peta's actions.

Ever notice how vegatarians always seem to look in need of a good meal?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

do you think that the majority of the animals in captivity wont starve to death in a few motnhs if we let them all run free?

doing this will destroy our eco system. there are far too many cows, chickens and sheep in the world. Hence why mcdonalds destroys the rainforest so they can have cheap grazing space for their cows. end result is that no matter what way you look at it. we have too many domestic food animals and yes there should be some standards brought in to bring it in control. but peta dont care about that, they care about letting them run free and multiply and be treated the same as us. THESE NUMBERS DONT EXIST IN THE NATURAL WORLD. They should keep the chickens cows used for mass food services confined because if we dont they'll mess up the eco system. If you dont want to promote this then buy organic foodstuff, that will put mcdonalds etc out of buisness.

overall both sides are wrong and need to comprimise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

Blisterman wrote:
    Well they dont want all the animals to be released into the wild. They want enough people to become vegetarians that farmers gradually stop breeding animals for food.

Its from their website. Im not a vegetarian (See the vegetariabism thread for why not).
    there sites a lovely bit of pr, isnt it?

check www.nocompromise.org and www.animalliberationfront.com
    peta bankroll the ALF and the no compromise booklet.
    regulary hiring alf members to speak at there demos

ingrid kirkman has been quoted as asaying she wants nothing less than total animal freedom
    she is president of peta

BlitzKrieg wrote:

im arguing against peta,
    nothing more, ntohing less ;)

there are plenty of mcd's are ruining the world type threads,
    not enough peta ones imo.

seeing the article in the indo today prompted my original post

• Advertisement

I agree with what they're saying, Im still gonna eat meat. It's kinda like you know downloading MP3s is illegal, but you're not gonna pay a euro a song for WMA files.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    exactly - but they will balance out with the people that agree with peta (and dont buy such and such a product) and the ppl that dont - that continue to purchase the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I just had a vision of a Peta demonstration with a few random animals standing around, shuffling their feet and looking embarressed to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Did anyone see that recent episode of South Park about Peta? Fu*king hilarious. They were all married to goats and stuff... it shows them up for what they are, extremists. And in all cases when you take something to the extreme it never pans out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Support PETA!

Buy one of these...

:D

• Advertisement

Thats funny.

How do you pronounce Peta?
    Is it like Beta, or Petta or Peeta?

like peter

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

pea-ta
    and that apron rocks.
    i think petas morals are right abou animals though but im not strong willed enough to be a vegitarian i supose....

wondered where this thread got to,
    i hadnt originally posted here as it seems fairly off-topic,
    anywho

the protest was yesterday,
    it got a small mention in the indo.

principal of the school was angered at the stunt which could have scared younger kids,
    peta says "its designed to".
    kfc calls it "corporate terrorism"

4 peta protesters where there, all 4 came from the UK.

students quote as saying "im not gonna stop eating kfc"

well done fools, you scared some kids , pissed of a school princiapl and had no effect on student views. :)
    im happy for you.

Advertisement