Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Industrial Unit

Options
  • 11-05-2005 8:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Industrial unit wanted, or any decent property with open space for that matter.

Anything from 150sq ft - 1000sq ft. Preferably with parking and security of somekind and toilet facilities.

Where? Anywhere in Dublin really, however the closer to town the better, north or southside.

Anyone know of anything available or where to look besides the daft.ie and the papers?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I do have something just off North Strand Road which is big enough but needs work. If you get desperate we could come to a deal. The roof need fixing and a toilet moved but it wouldn't be a big deal it depends on what you need it for and how long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Bitsie

i need somewhere just to practice with my band and can soundproof it myself, would it do for that?

Bitsie wrote:
    i need somewhere just to practice with my band and can soundproof it myself, would it do for that?

That has actually been a plan of mine for a while. It's just not worth my time doing it for one band. On the plus side my cousin owns a rehersal studio on Amien Street which is only a little bit down the road. It just by the 5 lamps and inside the driver learner building, I think he calls it Underground

yeh i know that one but im actually using Loop studios at the moment. i was actually hoping for something where i could practice whenever i needed to and store my stuff there, as im a drummer i cant get to practice until i go into rehearsals woth the band!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

What a coincidence, i'm looking for a permanent rehearsal space too, we currently rehearse in loop.

Morning star: as you now know i need it for band rehearsals, and would need it as long as possible.

We would be willing to soundproof as much as possible to keep from disturbing others etc.

If you're interested give me a pm and we can chat about it.

*edit* where abouts is North Strand Rd :confused:

• Advertisement

Morning star: as you now know i need it for band rehearsals, and would need it as long as possible.

We would be willing to soundproof as much as possible to keep from disturbing others etc.

Bonzai if it turns out you need another band to share rent on a permanent place like this then give me a shout!

no problem, likewise if you find somewhere

Guys I don't want to get your hopes up. I am talking about property very close to the city centre. I doubt you could afford it for casual rehersals. It is really only worth my while fixing it up for a tenant that is going to stay there a while.

If you make me an offer and length of time I can consider it but I really doubt you would get value for money.

In saying that I had another business plan a while ago that I abandoned because I didn't think there would be interest. I will keep you in mind.

What were you going to use for sound proofing?

well there are a few cheap things for soundproofing that work very well including carpet lining and cardboard! but would suss it out proper if i knew i had somewhere possibly. well if you could give us a rough monthly rental figure then we could decide if we could pay it between all of us, even get another band if needed

i mean i dont know about bonzai but i would hope to get in there at least a few times a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

bonzai bob wrote:
    *edit* where abouts is North Strand Rd :confused:
    The continuation of Amiens Street towards Fariview.

Guys I don't want to get your hopes up. I am talking about property very close to the city centre. I doubt you could afford it for casual rehersals. It is really only worth my while fixing it up for a tenant that is going to stay there a while.

If you make me an offer and length of time I can consider it but I really doubt you would get value for money.

In saying that I had another business plan a while ago that I abandoned because I didn't think there would be interest. I will keep you in mind.

What were you going to use for sound proofing?
    well what size is it? i can't make an offer soley on it's location. If we were to get it then we would want it permantly or as long as you're willing to rent it out.

We obviously are not going to professionally soundproof it as it would be too costly, but we'd do the job according to the area, ie whether it's a large residential area or what not.

If I remember correctly it's 18ft by 24ft about 16ft high. It is residential but not completely. The walls are pretty thick but I am cusious what type of stuff you would use for soundproofing. There is a rail track that runs around the back of it so I don't know if that would bother you.

The place is a just accross the road from this. The map should help

http://www2.myhome.ie/search/property.asp?id=231213&p=15&rt=search&searchlist=

Well we wouldn't be drilling holes into your walls or anything, we wouldn't do anything to cause structural damage. Any kind of DIY would be done with your permission, as far as soundproofing goes, as i said it wouldn't be a pro job or anything, it would probably be made up of a lot of carpet/rugs, drapes etc. As well as some other materials made for this kind of thing(just foam materials and stuff).

432sq ft huh, does it have any security? whats it like on the inside? is it an open space or is it divided up into different rooms?

What would be the minimum you'd want to lease it for?

I would like to make an offer, but i'm kind of inexperienced with property so i'm quite afraid to offer something completely off target.

A ball park figure would be...?

for instance there is currently a property in Rathmines for 600sq ft at 600e a month. It has parking and i *think* it has security as well

It needs work. I am either going to knock it down and build on the site or fix it up. If I am going to fix it up it has to be worth it. I think you should consider me as a back up plan.

It doesn't have parking or security. It's an old stable with an usealed floor. It needs a toilet, electricity, roof fixed and a new door. It's all open plan more or less a shell. While that sounds like a lot it really isn't but it has costs. I just need to justify it .I think I would have to increase insurance too. I don't mind if you want to do DIY I just wonder what material you are going to use to block the sound.

There is probably something better for you but I would consider renting it for a year at a bit more than cost but it depends on how many people are involved

yeh well im the same bonzai about making an offer i would rather have some starting off figure first and go from there. Also bonzai if its decne enough we could all go in for getting it soundproofed too. would you be up for that, splitting all the costs?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement