Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PvP - how to balance the zerg

Options
  • 11-05-2005 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

With the imminent entry of battlegrounds into our gaming lives, how will this impact the alliance zerg on the under-manned and under-defended horde cities?

Problems to date:

Alliance raid shows up in the city, kills AH people, vendors, quest givers. Regular people not wanting to pvp have to wait for the stuff to repop.

Raids on Thrall and UC take two hours tops and eahc member gets 1500 cp a whack = 3k for easy fights (for thrall anyhow with the zerg)

Xroads windrider is gone, so people flying through have to wait for repop or run.

Zerg is not pvp, zerg is zerg with numbers and almost no skill.

Some ideas:

Give pvp rewards for pc's and for battlegrounds only, take out the reward for ganking bosses or at least make it so the two hours spent is better off in battlegrounds.

Make npc's non pvp so people wanting to get on with it dont need to worry about their windriders, quest givers, bank managers dead.

Level out the playing field in battle grounds (will happen anyhow with the number cap) and make the rewards very good for being in there.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Most quest givers are counted as civilians so if they kill them they get minus points. Same goes for AH and Bank Tellers.

Afaik anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Alliance are too stupid to do this kind of stuff anyway..

and i'm a dwarf :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I play on The Maelstrom and get none of that hassle. =)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Defend your cities, dangnabbit. We never have raids on UC and Thrall becuase they don't get that far. Once, a bunch of them managed to run into Sylvanas', but there weren't too many of them (they just ran for it), and they died pretty sharpish.

Tarren Mill is always under attack, but it's back and forth between there and Southshore all the time. XR doesn't really get raided anymore, when it did, we always held them back.

But then again my server (Deathwing) is pretty balanced. Which server are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm on Terenas, and I think the Alliance outnumber the horde 4 :1. XR is pretty much being zerged anytime you go near it.

The Alliance one night managed to kill both the Undead and Tauren leaders. They then got to Thrall but he pretty much wiped them all. Good PvP for the horde is hard to come by. If something starts its good for about 10 - 20 minutes but after that the Alliance show up in massive numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Noooo, not Cairne! /sob

Warcraftrealms (though not always right), tells me Deathwing is Alliance 1.1 : 1 Horde (yay!), and it's high pop. I think I was really lucky in my choice of server.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Battlegrounds is currently in the test realms btw: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

aye terenas is a bit of a joke balance wise about 70:30 in alliance favour constantly on the defense be it ogri or xr.

imo blizzard should have done something more to force balance even if it meant limiting server choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

PvP has become close to unplayable for Horde on terenas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

PvP has become close to unplayable for Horde on terenas.
    Bout time the Horde felt the pain.

• Advertisement
Advertisement