Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cracking up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 11-05-2005 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

I go to a college in dublin. we are approaching the end of the year and i should be happy because im getting a diploma. ive been really looking forward to it because i figured that it would give me my way to a masters, which is what i want. but heres the problem. you see, a couple of weeks ago, a teacher messed up an got fired. he did something he shouldnt and now we are all paying for it cause we're having to re-correct work and tweak finish projects. i taught all my work was done, but its not! im so upset im honestly thinking of suing the college (does anyone know my rights?). i know that the examiners will be cold, ruthless, and wont take personal feelings into account. im cracking up here. ive worked hard all year for this thing and now it just seems as if it all means nothing. im also started to be really ditracted by this whole worry (naturally) and this is effectin my releationship with my g/f. i need some help. sorry if this sounds muddled. im just so upset......i hate this whole situation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

talk to the lecturers and your student union.
    this is probably not the first time its happened, it wont be the last, and im sure these people have experience in dealing with people in this situation.

go and talk to them, and they will tell you waht the solution is. it will take the worry off your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Try not to worry about it too much and just do what you can. The examiners are human too and most will take into account the circumstances even if they suggest that they won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭cr

talk to the lecturers and your student union.
    this is probably not the first time its happened, it wont be the last, and im sure these people have experience in dealing with people in this situation.

go and talk to them, and they will tell you waht the solution is. it will take the worry off your mind.
    Yeah, talking to the Su is agood idea,because they have alot of weight to throw
    round and many uni's and colleges are becoming extreamly aware of this!(or more to the point the Su has influence over the students,without students the college isnt a college!,get me?,so the more of an issue you make this the more the college is gonna want to tip toe around it!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Moved from PI

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

If you've done the work, you'll be fine. You've pointed out that you've worked hard. Have some self belief. The work will stand up for itself. However if you know in your heart that you haven't done the work well then you might have cause to worry.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

i know that the examiners will be cold, ruthless, and wont take personal feelings into account.
    This couldn't be further from the truth - trust me, I have seen internal and external examiners in action. They are very much on the side of the student.

They are human too, you know.

Advertisement