Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need Code For Grundig 200 Car Stereo Locked In Safe Mode

Options
  • 11-05-2005 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Can anyone tell me the code for this Grundig 200

serial number:
    GM0200W6556236
    NO. 90 462 562

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 iebradyc

Dont want to pay to be honest - anyone got access to an EEPROM programmer that can get the code?
    I did post a note on their Forum though Mike- thanks! I'll let you know if that works!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

iebradyc wrote:
    Dont want to pay to be honest - anyone got access to an EEPROM programmer that can get the code?
    I did post a note on their Forum though Mike- thanks! I'll let you know if that works!

would the garage/shop you bought it off not have a record ?

It was a private sale. I have tried Grundig but they told me to contact their main delaers in Dublin - who were very cold on the phone and said it would cost me 50 Euro and would have to bring car in to them.
    Thing is I know how to hack to the part where you enter the Code so dont want to just hand over the 50 euro (Stereo is hardly even worth that much).
    I know you can use EEPROM programmer (I think its called) software, and by entering the serial number and model number above it returns the 4 digit code you need to unlock the Stereo.
    Its a pain because I travel 140 miles a day and thats boring without a radio station!!

Is there anyway I can manually open the radio and somehow perform some soldering or something that will tell the radio not to look for the code? by-pass the process of looking for the code as such??

• Advertisement

I eventually contacted the following people- sales@radiodecodes.co.uk
    They gave me phone number to call. I chatted to them - all ligit and straight up. Gave me the code and it worked - WOOHOO!! all for 14 euro!! so saved meself a trip to the garage and 50 euro.

Advertisement