Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite pub, and why

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Like Amz, I prefer a place where there's no horrible music pounding away at my ear drums for the whole night forcing me to communicate with other people in a form of makeshift sign language.
    I'm fond of the Bloody Stream in Howth. It's easy enough to get to, doesn't really get too busy and everyone I know goes there. There's also the frying-pan full of drink too, good fun that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Creature wrote:
    Like Amz, I prefer a place where there's no horrible music pounding away at my ear drums for the whole night forcing me to communicate with other people in a form of makeshift sign language.
    I'm fond of the Bloody Stream in Howth. It's easy enough to get to, doesn't really get too busy and everyone I know goes there. There's also the frying-pan full of drink too, good fun that.
    One does agree, quite a slendid establishment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Jolene

the Donaghmede inn is my favourite

not that ive ever been there you understand, but i once read on this very board that its a retched hive of scum and villainy

all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 RuthC

I hear what you're saying about loud crap music in pubs but man I do like some sounds when I'm out, as long as they're 1) good and 2) not ear bleedingly noisy.

Peters pub is pretty good too.

Bruxelles (the metal part) is probably THE loudest place ive ever been. Its so loud that it nulls the stink in there, no mean feat I tell thee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 RuthC

Oh my god, it so is. Anseo is crazy loud too. I refuse to pay a fiver for a pint and then have to sit there eyeballing the person I'm with....
    And the indie part used to be SO good when I was a wee lass, it just mings now though

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Half-Bicycle - you should check out a pub called the Nell Gwyn in central London, just off the Strand.
    It's pretty small, but very nice, relaxed atmosphere, it's up a dark alley between two theatres so none of the tourists and very few suits know where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Half-Bicycle - you should check out a pub called the Nell Gwyn in central London, just off the Strand.
    It's pretty small, but very nice, relaxed atmosphere, it's up a dark alley between two theatres so none of the tourists and very few suits know where it is.
    I used to go there a lot when I lived in London. It's frequented by 'luvvies' and owned by the Irish 'Dirty Nellies' lotto syndacate.

scarfacemj wrote:
    Would I be gay if I said The George?
    Only if you're gay.

The George is great fun, myself and the gf (honestly!) used to go there a lot. The slave auctions are gas. I love most gay pubs/clubs because there's never a hint of violence or trouble and everyone is focused on having a good time.

Jolene wrote:
    the Donaghmede inn is my favourite

not that ive ever been there you understand, but i once read on this very board that its a retched hive of scum and villainy
    I only twigged last week what it is that bothers me about the Donaghmede Inn....it has no Windows! Check it out!

• Advertisement

I'll prob give it a wee while longer, see how it goes. I'm not sure about the curent Dublin vibe but I guess that's me being old and farty about it
    Me neither, I hope to be relocating to the South East of the UK sometime early next year. Without going into rant mode, I find Ireland, especially Dublin, has very little going for it at all levels.

most places are like that(not the gay part)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Half-Bicycle

You know what? That rings a bell, does that. Always on the look out for a decent small boozer. Prefferably free of sky sports, fruit machines, 80s cheese, suits and mobiles. Impossible, isn't it?

Advertisement