Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food On Campus

Options
  • 11-05-2005 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

This has probably been done before but Tell everyone where you think is good to eat on campus and where you think is complete sh1t

I think the Paddocks is good and I love their breakfast specials!!
    I dont like the stables I had a curry there last week and it was total crap

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Do they still do the diced potato / chips in the Paddocks? Used to love 'em.

What about the Castletroy Spar roll and a bottle of sunny delight. Them were the days. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Paddocks > myself, rory, pete, diarmuid will vouch for the place. brekkie, lunch and whenever else actually!!

spar should does have solid chicken rolls tho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Scholars is easily the best, in every way. The food and the water is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Scholars did a great breakfast when I was there and the paddock was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I concur with kai! Paddock all the way.

There was this classy blonde girl who worked there, pigtails... foreigner... , anyway she used to give me extra lasagne. Aahh the memories...

Anyway, I hope she's still there when I get back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭PlasseyMinstrel

Scholars breakfast is to die for, or usually to miss 9am lectures for. I was cursed with a 9am lecture in the PE building this semester - its damn hard to walk past the Scholars to get to it, even if I know I can go there within an hour!

Hot chicken rolls from the SU shop are great, the ones from Spar don't hold a candle to them.

The cafeteria does good sandwiches and paninis.

Cafe Allegro in the Foundation Building does the best coffee/cappuccino and has those caramel squares that I really shouldn't eat but they're so damn good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 excalibur__17

BossArky wrote:
    Do they still do the diced potato / chips in the Paddocks? Used to love 'em.

What about the Castletroy Spar roll and a bottle of sunny delight. Them were the days. :rolleyes:

the diced are gorgrous... the italian restuarant up by spar does beautiful club rolls... and check subs and if u ask nicely they will make up a meatball sub mmmmmmmmm delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

chicken ceaser wrap from the italian. if u havent had one yet GET ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! they are to die for. Spar does lovely rolls too, and i know a few ppl working there so i get them from free off them. :D the scholars food is just crap, along with the stables. i mean seriously, its muc. and faces on the women that work in the scholars. service with a smile me arse. the paddocks breakfasts are one of the reasons i go to the library at exam time. and rolls with sausages out of the plaza. mmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

The paddocks is good for breakfast, but any time ive had lunch there, i thought it was rubbish. Ive had curries (including a mysterious 'meat curry'), pastas and everything, and i cant see the appeal. The pizza slices are nice, but they barely ever have any ready, so scholars all the way for me.

The SU ckicken rolls are better than spar, IMO. Its happened a few times at different intervals throughout the day that ive gotten chicken that tasted like it was there for an hour and not-so-fresh rolls have been gotten too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

yeah id have to go with SU shops(not dromroe) hot chicken rolls, mmm, anywhere else is only so so, stables is rank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

i know this isnt on campus but if you ever fancy a pizza get an apache. For €16.50 you get a celtic meal deal which is a large pizza four toppings garlic bread wedges and 3 cans of coke. Compare that to dominos where a large pizza is €18 !!!!! Its great if there is a group of people ...and realy cheap and if you've a big group get a munster meal deal its double whats above for €32

F*ck i sound like an apache ad now dont I!!!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

kaimera wrote:
    Paddocks > myself, rory, pete, diarmuid will vouch for the place. brekkie, lunch and whenever else actually!!

spar should does have solid chicken rolls tho :)

Vouched!

SU hot chicken rolls are good, so are hot chicken rolls from the maxol 24 hour, that place is good for post pub wine too!

/me sniffs at memories

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

In my day (1993-) it was hard to beat the southern fried chicken in the stables....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Sergeant Horse

mmmmmmmmmmmmm Student Special in the Restaurant in the E block.......ah bliss, good ol mistery meat. Personally I'm saying tis dog

Advertisement