Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

early upgrade from o2? my chances?

Options
  • 11-05-2005 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭

Not due an upgrade until late in the year(August), am on pay monthly - lowest package so low enough every month. What are my chances of getting an upgrade early by threatening to go to vofadfone or meteor? Anyone had any success with similar tactics?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

Are you in or out of contract?
    If you are in contract then tough sh1t!

Out of contract they will offer you 6/9 months of reduced line rental and maybe the weekend calls add-on for free for 6 months....

However to take on these "bonuses" you will have to sign up for another 12 months with o2.

You will then only get your upgrade when its due in August...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Out of contract I think - 18 months or so into it and AFAIK its only 12 months.

Signing up for 12 months is not a problem if I get a new phone - current one is giving problems.

Not sure I follow your post, is it that I will get the bonuses if I threaten to leave but not a new phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I got reduced line rental immediately after my contract was up, to continue on for another twelve months and I got an upgrade as well. But at that time I was spending huge amounts on my bill.
    It's no harm to threaten to move network, you don't have to go through with it. Don't get angry with them though, and quote prices of phones and tariffs on the other networks. This shows you've looked into moving so you're more serious about it.
    Threats work often enough, especially if you've been loyal, spent a lot with them or are almost due an upgrade anyway.
    If they still won't, do move to Vodafone or Meteor and get your new phone that way.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just from a vodafone point,
    I am with them and spend a bit on my bill, get an upgrade every 6 months
    just ring up, tell them what a good customer I am!!
    and hey presto approved for another upgrade

:D

Advertisement