Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exam Locations

• 11-05-2005 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me where MANSIONHSE and REGENTHSE Exam centres are? Is MANSIONHSE actually in The Mansion House? And where's Regent House?.. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

The Mansion house is actually the mansion house on i think dawson street.
    I had an exam there last year

reagents house is actually above the arch in front arch. so as you go underneath the dome you go to the left/right and up the stairs. this is where some people band practice too.
    I've an exam there this year too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

The Mansion house is actually the mansion house on i think dawson street.
    Yeah thats the one
    reagents house is actually above the arch in front arch. so as you go underneath the dome you go to the left/right and up the stairs. this is where some people band practice too.
    I've an exam there this year too.

Can ye go both ways? i've only ever had one exam there n went up the side opposite the security desk place...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

:D Exams? What are those things now again? :D

As the lads said. The mansion house exam spot is a huge domed room that you access by going round the side to the back of the place. I was there ages ago for an exam.

They use these venues and also the RDS which you can get to on a number 7 bus.

If you're uncertain where you should go, make sure you are WELL early just in case you cannot quite get there. There is nothing worse than rushing into an exam when everyone else has started......

There is nothing worse than rushing into an exam when everyone else has started......

except rushing into an exam late and you're naked.

except rushing into an alarm late and you're naked.
    Yes, thats awful. It has happened before to me......

Only my sealface saved me.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Glad to see Indy still hasn't gotten over the 'no more exams' syndrome!

The Manison House exam entrance is between the Fado restaurant and the main Mansion House building. For any of you history buffs out there, the venue is known as the round room and was used for the first Dail where the abstentionist Sinn Fein MP's met after the 1918 general election. Curiously - in the film Michael Collins this room is recreated in the 1937 Reading Room.

And for a shing penny - can anyone give me the reason why the Regent's House is so named.

Maybe I should put that on my engineers' exam?

the old JCR was in Regent's house. That is all i can add.

Never sir, Never.

No more exams EVER for a number of years even!

Yes, please do. I would like to see myth squirm.

LOL!

Myth=Rat

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

DrIndy wrote:
    Only my sealface saved me.....

You think that's your ticket outta any situation now!

aodh_rua wrote:
    And for a shing penny - can anyone give me the reason why the Regent's House is so named.

Work away, but only if you tell us what a shing is at the start of the exam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

tell everyone but myth what the answer is and put it on the paper tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Myth wrote:
    Work away, but only if you tell us what a shing is at the start of the exam?

Ahem - must be a Kildare thing. Shiny penny of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Darth Bobo wrote:
    Can ye go both ways? i've only ever had one exam there n went up the side opposite the security desk place...

You have to go one side from downstairs or from the other side (from house 6) upstairs. But the House 6 door is locked from the regent's house side.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

theres a key incase of Fire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Well the key is pretty useless considering it's bolted shut on the other side

Just set yourself on fire during the exam and all will be well.

Advertisement