Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick NCT / Electric Window Question

Options
  • 11-05-2005 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Just noticed recently that my driver side electric window is starting to catch in the strip of rubber when on the way up which can slow down the window.. sometimes this even needs a little push to get closed..

Can i fail the NCT because of this? Due this month in think!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

That shouldnt affect your NCT as they dont open windows as far as i'm aware.
    Although nothing would surprise me as my uncle's car was failed for not having a wheelbrace in it. (he only took it out cos it was one of those 4 way ones and was lose in the boot. you're not supposed to have loose atricles in the car) the definition of lunacy. He went back down with 3 wheelbraces and asked which one would pass :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Kermitt wrote:
    That shouldnt affect your NCT as they dont open windows as far as i'm aware.
    Although nothing would surprise me as my uncle's car was failed for not having a wheelbrace in it. (he only took it out cos it was one of those 4 way ones and was lose in the boot. you're not supposed to have loose atricles in the car) the definition of lunacy. He went back down with 3 wheelbraces and asked which one would pass :D

Well, in fairnes, a wheelbrace is a pretty important thing to have, I'm sure getting a flat and having no means to chage it so having to drive on it to the nearest garage (which could be a long way depending on where you are) would be a serious safety issue.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Stekelly wrote:
    Well, in fairnes, a wheelbrace is a pretty important thing to have, I'm sure getting a flat and having no means to chage it so having to drive on it to the nearest garage (which could be a long way depending on where you are) would be a serious safety issue.
    Given that the spare is not part of the test I can't see why the method with which you change it is relevant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

And anyway, isn't changing the wheel the job of AA MAN?

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

The wheelbrace is really irrelevant, imagine you are driving a car that has recently had new tyres fitted and you get a flat. many people (men and women) would not be able to open the wheel studs because they were put on with a pneumatic drive gun. by this reasoning you should have to sit in your car while the tester checks the ftlb of torque you can apply to a lever with your arms. NCT is for safety issues while the car is running.. not your ability to perform repairs to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Kermitt wrote:
    The wheelbrace is really irrelevant, imagine you are driving a car that has recently had new tyres fitted and you get a flat. .

So whats the point in manufacturers wasting money supplying spares wheels and tools to change it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Stekelly wrote:
    So whats the point in manufacturers wasting money supplying spares wheels and tools to change it?

Some don't,
    I believe the 206cc has no spare! :confused:

Advertisement