Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many of us know how 2 cook??

• 11-05-2005 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

just wanted to have an idea

when i say cook i mean proper dinner

i can cook few dishes

not very good at cooking

i can cook

asian
    english cusine

i would rate my self as intermediate :D

anyone else

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Probably better suited to the Food/Drink forum.

As for myself, I can cook in the sense I'm following recipes but I've yet to be really inventive myself. I also find it a bit of a problem when the ingredients required are generally more suited to a family size portion than cooking for one (e.g. a tin of tomatoes). It normally means having the same meal two days in a row and freezing the remainders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I'm the same, I can cook, but only if I have a recipe, or have been shown how to do it.
    Can't invent meals from a group of ingredients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I haven't a clue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i can cook...but not too well. I guess i can cook only for myself cause i throw in stuff that only i would eat,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Dublin8

i can cook...but not too well. I guess i can cook only for myself cause i throw in stuff that only i would eat

man god help you i like the term u used "THROW"

lol are we cooking in bin :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I can cook like a fúckin lunatic if I do say so myself. Well no, actually, I can cook pretty well. Me Ma taught me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

hmm... am guessing here.... but would sayyyy...... 3251?

Dublin8 wrote:
    man god help you i like the term u used "THROW"

lol are we cooking in bin :eek:

frying pan my friend...frying pan.

one thing i never got the hang off where spices etc. My two housemates are mad into cooking and they have a line of all these different spices and i watch them perform complex operations with them. shocked that neither study chemistry. I tend to stay away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I'm the opposite to ixoy in the sense that I find it easier to cook large amounts than single portions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I absolutely HATE cooking! :mad: God help the guy I end up with! The quickest and easy way is how I feed myself. I hate the waiting around. I hate be starving and waiting for some chicken to boil or whatever it is in the pot. I'm so bleedin' exhausted that when it is finally ready I don't enjoy it or I'm already stuffed from eating half a packed of biscuits while waiting! :rolleyes:

I do make a good cup of tea though. I have been told that a good few times. So if anyone is ever in need of a cuppa, I'm your woman! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

BizzyC wrote:
    I will restrain myself, but point out that using the term "cook like a motherfúcker", and including that your Ma taught you how to cook could be very badly misconstrued, when used in a single comment.

Indeed. Edited. I'm not yet at fúckin lunatic status, but I'm close.

Larianne wrote:
    I absolutely HATE cooking! :mad: God help the guy I end up with! The quickest and easy way is how I feed myself. I hate the waiting around. I hate be starving and waiting for some chicken to boil or whatever it is in the pot. I'm so bleedin' exhausted that when it is finally ready I don't enjoy it or I'm already stuffed from eating half a packed of biscuits while waiting! :rolleyes:

I do make a good cup of tea though. I have been told that a good few times. So if anyone is ever in need of a cuppa, I'm your woman! ;)

hmm... just imagine a candle lit dinner with Larianne, candles, romantic music, and a DOMINOS DECADENCE PIZZA on the table, with a nice cuppa to go with it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

i make mean cup of hot choclate...grrowl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

Larianne wrote:

do you perchance do a delivery service for theese exeedingly fine cups of tea?

id love a cuppa cha right now

EDIT: bugger that im off to stick the kettle on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I love cooking. Well actually I prefer eating, but cooking ensures I can have the food exactly how I want it.

Larianne wrote:
    I do make a good cup of tea though. I have been told that a good few times. ;)

did they tell you this after you cooked them a Meal ROFL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I can cook individual items. Can never get them timed right. Hooray for takeaways.

Gilgamesh wrote:
    did they tell you this after you cooked them a Meal ROFL

meh ha ha ha...

No, I never cook for anyone. Coz I can't! I have a magic formula to making tea! It's all about the spoon and how many times you stir it!! :rolleyes:

And no, it wouldnt be pizza, I hate pizza!! It's be two micro wavable curries!! lmao :D

Actually...

"strike that, reverse it..."

Get rid of the curries, too common and all...

it'd be microwaved Lasagnes... oh with a bit of lettuce and cucumber. ;)

think I will have to PM you about your tea 'ritual', as it is my territory after all.

• Advertisement

dont think larriane anyone here would like to survive only on tea :eek:

not me certainly

and i even dont drink tea

hehe at the moment i am having chocomilk :D have a machine in office

so its freebie all the time

you better look for some chef to b ur man :rolleyes:
    I do make a good cup of tea though. I have been told that a good few times. So if anyone is ever in need of a cuppa, I'm your woman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I love cooking ... I find it to be a great way to relax!!

Gilgamesh wrote:
    think I will have to PM you about your tea 'ritual', as it is my territory after all.

I could tell you but you still wouldn't get it right. It's also about the colour of the tea! I even converted one guy who doesn't even like tea!! :D

Too right I'll be marrying a guy who can cook. I eat terrbily unhealthy due to not being able to cook. It's mainly micro dinners or grilled stuff. And then i just snack on crisps while waiting! Terrible. I did Home Ec for 5th and 6th year and nothing I cooked (along with a friend, so I wasn't alone) tasted nice. Oh except for the Black Forest Gateau. OOhh that was delish!!! :D

LoneGunM@n wrote:
    I love cooking ... I find it to be a great way to relax!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

How??

as long as your ritual doesn't take 4 and a half hours, anything is worth knowing.

and I hope you don't use teabags!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

As long as it's taken out of a packet / box from the freezer, i can cook like a demon! :D

Last night, made a strange concoction of Potato Waffles and Cottage Pie! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Larianne wrote:
    it'd be microwaved Lasagnes...
    Could you possibly be my ideal woman?

oh with a bit of lettuce and cucumber. ;)
    No, you had to go and ruin a nice microwave lasagne with lettuce and cucumber, damn it.

I normally don't cook for other people as I'm a picky bastard about what I eat. I've only ever met one other person who doesn't eat vegetables. I do cook for myself quite a lot though, Chinese, various pasta dishes, and a few home-made recopies like chicken and beef bolognase with pasta and cheese. I was particularly proud of that one, more so when it turned out to be edible!

Gilgamesh wrote:
    as long as your ritual doesn't take 4 and a half hours, anything is worth knowing.

and I hope you don't use teabags!! :eek:

Yes I use teabags, the best!! Lyons tea bags! None of that Barry's nosense!!

I could tell you but you still wouldn't get it right. It's also about the colour of the tea! I even converted one guy who doesn't even like tea!!

like the term u used "converted" i hope he didnt changed his religion lol

well u never know he might b lying to u that he likes tea well in real he might not just bcoz may b he likes u. you know "humanbeings" very hard to understand these people are
    Too right I'll be marrying a guy who can cook. I eat terrbily unhealthy due to not being able to cook.

well you never know who ul b marrying with may be he will pretend he can cook and then in the end u both and up ordering pizzas l :eek: ol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

i cook pasta, lots and lots of pasta, if im hungry though ill cook anything (or anyone) that cant run away fast enough

Advertisement