Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many of us know how 2 cook??

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Dublin8

its work youknow what i do post messages online check my e mail

ring every friend around the globe

drink choco milk
    play pool

and do some work if i have any time left lol

Larianne wrote:
    Work? what's dah? :eek:

are we all invited then :D

Lemming wrote:
    I'm cooking beek teriyaki tonight

Rumpsteak sliced into thin slices,
    Teriyaki sauce
    Red/Yellow/Green peppers
    Long grain rice
    garlic clove
    ground black peppers
    groundnut oil
    Onion (sliced)
    Ginger (fine slicing)

so yeah ... you could say I can cook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Lemming wrote:
    I'm cooking beek teriyaki tonight

Rumpsteak

What's rumpsteak? The back end of a cow? Sounds nice whatever you're cooking. Make a change from my Srabbled Eggs. :o

Larrine no not every body shud rely on one for Anybody
    just that every one should play a part thats how it works i guess lol :D

Larianne wrote:
    Ya say you can cook but what exactly can you cook?? I have said what I can about manage.. scrabbled eggs and the like. Don't think I'd be able for a Sunday dinner. I'd have a nervous breakdown. All those people relying on ya to feed them.. :eek:

its rump of a steak i guess lariane atleast u shud know this
    i know u ruin loads of food cooking but no harm in knowing what u are runing lol

Larianne wrote:
    What's rumpsteak? The back end of a cow? Sounds nice whatever you're cooking. Make a change from my Srabbled Eggs. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

It's not so much that I can't cook, more that I don't like cooking and therefore, don't enjoy what I make. If given a recipe I can follow it, it's just eating then is like 'Urrgh, No'.

The pasta incident did only happen once and it was due to me forgetting I had it boiling. The water all evapourated and hence Burnt Pasta. I never burn sauces or anything. Not the ones from the packet anyway.. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i can cook but i just always end up making steak.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I can cook. Soups to roasts, Indian, Mexican, French, Italian. Carnivorous and vegetarian both. Grow own herbs, next two plant purchases will be a bay tree and a kaffir lime tree.

The bane of my cooking life: shortcrust pastry.

Tends to end up as shortcrust patchwork quilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Alanna

I am professionally trained and am fairly competent at all types of cookery, I find it incredibly relaxing and cooking for others is one of the greats pleasures in my life. I feel lucky to have this passion but it is as a result of devoting a large chunk of my life to learning about all aspects of cooking and food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

can cook wont cook :D:p
    that sums up me too, the last time I tried to make burgers the grill pan caught fire, that sorta put me off, but I can cook pasta and do chips (not for the same dish, obviously)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I love cooking but I get easily annoyed if people get under my feet in the kitchen...I have to be the one in control!!

I can cook pretty much anything but I've not quite mastered making sushi yet though I'm working on it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

I can cook(barely)

Just enough so that I wont have to pay through the roof to get something nice like stir fried chicken with onions and peppers in oyster sauce...

...and also to get a steak cooked exactly like I want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Since moving into our home, the fiancee & I decided that I'd do the cooking & she'd do the cleaning ... it's worked out perfect 'cause I love cooking & hate cleaning :D

She keeps raving to her Mum that I'm a fantastic cook & she's eaten food she'd always said she'd hated in the past ... I'd say it has something to do with her mum's cooking, which is ok [a bit generous of me] but I'm the king [of my kitchen anyway :D]

Advertisement