Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Like RetrO games:? :p

Options
  • 11-05-2005 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

LOL, sad but true, this you, me, EVERYBODY (guys who like games that is :o)

retrofatman.jpg

Game Stars -- MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

We went there after one thing. One shot, one specific photograph, one moment of magic -- and got it. Was it a booth babe's pants? An ironic photo of a man taking an ironic photo of men taking photos of girls? No. It was this. We couldn't believe our eyes, and luck, at seeing a wild Retro-Man in his natural habitat.

If you like retro games, this is you. Even if you are thin, this is you on the inside. You will forever be morbidly obese and playing Tron in the minds of women.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

:D

I await the abuse. (and no that isn't me in the picture)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Sorry what's your point?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd spell it out for you but a picture is worth a thousand words.

Unless you are blind but then how could you type so well? I think you just need glasses.

Sorry I must be slow today, all I see a fat guy playing Tron.
    Edit: Is it because he is playing the retro game at a games conference surrounded by new shiny games? There is nothing wrong with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Lol...

Nice post!

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Retr0gamer, as if we'd sink to that level. No, I'll be nice. I'll gain your trust and then kill you in your sleep, or when you're playing the last level of R-type delta (similar state of awareness). Then your games collection will be mine!

Steven wrote:
    Retr0gamer, as if we'd sink to that level. No, I'll be nice. I'll gain your trust and then kill you in your sleep, or when you're playing the last level of R-type delta (similar state of awareness). Then your games collection will be mine!

Hmm, maybe I should seriously consider putting that PAL copy of Suikoden 2 under lock and key.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Off side... the stand in the background is Joystick Junkies' stand - they sell t-shirts, and also run club nights with games in London.

*sob* I'm still not getting it to the OP what was your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

D wrote:
    *sob* I'm still not getting it to the OP what was your point?

I do believe it was 'people who play videogames are big fat nerds.' And they probably smell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I do believe it was 'people who play videogames are big fat nerds.' And they probably smell.
    'people who play retro videogames are big fat nerds.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Tron was cool.

Bruce Boxleitner is one of the really great actors of our time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

lol, thats the point alright!! I just saw it online and pmsl! so I thought I'd post it here because I reckon there's a good few people with wicked SOH's here who would also laugh!

Seriously though, it's just a joke FFS... why must everything online be analised to the n-th ****ing degree!?

@retr0: :], 'twas only messing:p

@Steven: /cackles while wavin R-type collection around... and do ya know the worst part? I didn't even play them that much!!

@monument: cool, are those nights any good?? Ever been?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I find that no matter how many times my friends and family see me playing GTA, Ico, my PSP, DS, playing the greatest, deepest and most beautiful games the world has to offer, they still see a bespectacled geek either playing pacman or typing in crap programs on a spectrum48k, on a black and white portable tv.
    Its just that despite the popularisation of gaming by Sony and to a lesser extent Microsoft and the forcing of gaming into the mainstream there is still a huge swathe of society that wants nothing to do with our sort thank-you-very-much, and nothing will convince them otherwise, you might as well be spending all day in your room masturbating and posting to Star Trek forums to be any less in their minds. (not that there is anything wrong with Star Trek forums!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Speaking of retro gaming, i just heard them using the theme tune to Xenon 2:megablast in one of the ads for big brother :D

Deadwing wrote:
    Speaking of retro gaming, i just heard them using the theme tune to Xenon 2:megablast in one of the ads for big brother :D

The fact that you knew that distresses me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Megablast was a tune by Bomb the Bass that was allowed to be used in Xenon2. So technically BB are using BtB not Xenon as far as I understand it.

That said tho the tune itself is actually a reworking of the theme from the movie Assault on Precinct 13 so many people have a claim on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Retr0gamer wrote:
    The fact that you knew that distresses me.
    Why?? it was a great tune lol...the bitmap brothers always had great music in thier games, like 'into the wonderful' in the Gods intro. Bitmap brothers rocked :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Regarding the Megablast tune by Bomb the Bass, its actually a lifted sample from the soundtrack of John Carpenters Assault on Precient 13, and I know i spelled that wrong!

• Advertisement
Advertisement