Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotmail, new agreements?

• 11-05-2005 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

tried signing into hotmail today, but am faced with agreeing to the "MSN Service Agreement" and "MSN Privacy Statement"

Anyone get the same message, is your a/c suspended if you dont agree to them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

Hi

After the last agreements i started using gmail.....much better...pm me if you want an invite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

wideband wrote:
    Hi

After the last agreements i started using gmail.....much better...pm me if you want an invite.

thanks for the offer but im a gmail user already :) , only use msn for messenger and dont particularly want them to delete my a/c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

jm2k wrote:
    thanks for the offer but im a gmail user already :) , only use msn for messenger and dont particularly want them to delete my a/c
    So go to www.passport.com and register your Gmail address as a Passport account. Problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

wideband wrote:
    Hi

Gmail is the way to go 2gb of webspace I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

2.18 gig at the moment, i think. It actually increases by about 50bytes per second. And, if you can actually fill your 2 gigs, a quick email to the nice people at google, and they will bring it up to 5 gigs for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    And, if you can actually fill your 2 gigs, a quick email to the nice people at google, and they will bring it up to 5 gigs for you.
    Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

jm2k wrote:
    tried signing into hotmail today, but am faced with agreeing to the "MSN Service Agreement" and "MSN Privacy Statement"

Anyone get the same message, is your a/c suspended if you dont agree to them?

just type in your email address and click agree then click on hotmail underneath and it will go straight to your email account

dont particularly want to sign an agreement when im not sure exactly what im entering into when i agree, think i'll choose "cancel" and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I would get a gmail account but i've had my hotmail one for years and I like msn messenger!

Is there any way of forwarding all mail from one account to another??

That 2mb in hotmail is terrible, about two days of junk mail fills it up its really bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

ye don't have to have hotmail for msn, as mentioned just sign up for a passport and get a gmail account. 2mb / 2gb...hmmm...what would I do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

my frinend showed me his account. He ported over all his old emails to gmail and they filled it, so he sent a nice email to the admins at google, and they gave him more space. They will only give you more space if you fill 2gigs. And only if you have it filled with genuine emails. ie- not a warez dump / spam archive ;)

I would get a gmail account but i've had my hotmail one for years and I like msn messenger!

Is there any way of forwarding all mail from one account to another??

That 2mb in hotmail is terrible, about two days of junk mail fills it up its really bad.

if u dont want to ditch hotmail, u can get ur hotmail a/c upgraded to 250mb easily enough ...there was a post about it a few months back, worked a treat for me. as i said i use gmail now, but still get the odd email to hotmail so its nice to have the space.

dont think u can make use of all messengers features without having a hotmail address.

Advertisement