Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the Crack with Vodafone Mail it Never Works!!!

Options
  • 11-05-2005 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

What is the Crack with Vodafone Mail it Never Works!!! i have been tryin g to use it for the last 2 weeks and only once in awhile it actualy works. its a real pain in the ass!! i only use vodafone mail so i can get txt alerts. is there any other service that offers sms alerts. i know 02 do!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It works 99% of the time for me..

Have you tried calling them to see if it a problem specific to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

this seems to be widely reported
    sometimes taking up to 6 days for vodafone -> vodafone mail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

Had this before , there mail is a joke works about 10% of the time over the last months I have complained 3 times and they say now about it are working to rectify it.

Ask for an ISO9000 complaint (international quality standard which they claim to have and work to ) form , then they will take notice . Thats what I have done and plus fax it or write it in (only if you have time on your hands)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

Are you trying to use it via the website or via a pop client?

Pop client works 99% of the time. The website is constantly up and down.

Moral of the story.... use a mail client!

incoming mail server: pop.vodafone.ie
    outgoing mail server: mail.vodafone.ie (if connected via a vodafone connection) or use the mail server of whichever ISP you are using.
    Username: whatever@vodafone.ie
    Password: same as the password you use to login to the vf website

Jobs a guddin...

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

Are you trying to use it via the website or via a pop client?

Pop client works 99% of the time. The website is constantly up and down.

Moral of the story.... use a mail client!

incoming mail server: pop.vodafone.ie
    outgoing mail server: mail.vodafone.ie (if connected via a vodafone connection) or use the mail server of whichever ISP you are using.
    Username: whatever@vodafone.ie
    Password: same as the password you use to login to the vf website

Jobs a guddin...
    thanks a million, yeah the mobile mail always works, its just the feckin web site never works. just setup my mail in express its great thanks again, i was nearly going to stop using it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

I've been using it like that all the time. Got a pain with thier web site & having to disable pop ups etc. For some strange reason vodafone cust. care say this can't be done. btw can any of you send vodafone mail from Outlook Express?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

no worries.

Vodafone mail will send fine from outlook.
    If you are getting an error advising you "sorry that domain is not in my list of accepted rcpt hosts" then you need to change the outgoing smtp server to the one provided by your isp. For example if your using eircom to dial up use mail1.eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

i find if you hold your left foot about a foot off the ground, scratch your head with the index finger on your right hand whilst chanting and then click on the vodafone mail link it works most of the time.. but then again, thats just me.

Advertisement