Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Linux with LEAP

• 11-05-2005 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is there anyone out there using linux with LEAP...? Im using Suse 9.2 pro at the mo but it aint able to do it... Anyone using Gentoo? I heard that was able to do pretty good...

oh and I know all most cisco cards have the ability to use LEAP but im using dell inbuilt. Anyone ported anything for it that ye know of?

Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mime

too much info just what do you want to talk about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

Has anyone got linux(suse on dell inbuilt) connecting to a leap network......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

What did LEAP install for you? How have they presented the service at your end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

I'm assuming here that you're talking about Cisco's proprietary authentication scheme. Since you're not using a Cisco card you'll need alternative software (note that if your card does not have hardware LEAP support, it won't work.) There's XSupplicant (free), wpa_supplicant (can't remember if that can do LEAP or not) and Meetinghouse AEGIS (http://www.mtghouse.com/, not free).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

I've been playing around with wpa_supplicant and Xsupplicant... but its all .conf files and I hate to sound all windowsie but I need to move between networks fairly easily, between work and home and college, two different ones at the same place.... etc....

Pretty sure my card has hardware support from it but I'll try find out...

Thanks for the replies....

• Advertisement
Advertisement