Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A drink called Madison

• 11-05-2005 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Does anybody remeber this? I remember drinking it years ago. It is a type of apple or fruit drink, non-alcoholic. Only available in pubs I think.

It used be widely available afaik but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Does anybody kow where it is still available or if I can even buy it online or in the UK?

It is a great summer drink and will make me feel 12 again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ah, fond memories. I remember my Granny used to drink it :) . I worked in her pub many Summers ago, I think only the ladies of a certain generation used to drink it.

It was in a small, dark bottle, beside the Babysham (she loved that too). Don't know if it is still available any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Yeah i remember that too. I made you feel all grown up to drink it when you were 12.

The thing is it was never marketed as a drink and normally ended up gathering dust on the shelf and going off.

Have not seen it in a LONG time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

OMG - I was only talking to my DH about this at the weekend and he thought I had gone insane. I could not for the life of me remember the name of it, just that it was very sweet and you though you were so grown up drinking it. Happy memories for this girl this morning
    Thank you
    MPA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

it was an apple derivative wasn't it?

up there with snowball for me as a classic 80's tipple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

And it was made by Showerings (the cider people) - we used to drink it when we were kids & pretend that it was booze!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

My non-alcohol-drinking gf/wife used to send me on missions to find her a Madison in Dublin pubs on busy Saturday nights up to the late 90's when I finally got browned off trying to explain to pimply 19 year old barmen what a Madison was. She still tries asking for one from time to time, but she gets a pretty short answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Ah Madison.....Funny story well it was at the time. First date out with my boyfriend trying to make a good impression. Drinking Vodka and Red Lemonade he drinking pints. Nearly everytime I went to the bar I bought a Madison and Ice and a pint for him he, thinking I was drinking vodka was trying to keep up with me. I ended up walking him to the bus as he was so drunk. He couldnt understand how I was sober and he so drunk....didnt tell him for ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

yeap we had it in the pub i worked in up till a couple of years ago!!! one small shelf with madison, babycham and snowball!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

Do they still brew this drink?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement