Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is anyone else here a qualified sailing instructor?

• 11-05-2005 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

i am, rya dingy and keel boat certs.

interested to see if any other boardsers are....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Im looking for some sailing lessons:) would love to try dingy, but the courses want me to do dayboat.

Any suggestions? Its probably my advanced years that make them want me to do day boat:)

V.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Hi

Looking for a good hydraulic windlass, for a nic58. The Lewmar 2500 on her has suffered a gearbox and motor failure. Best quotes sofarare about 3500 for gearboxand motor and replacment windlass capstan ofanother 3500.

We can get a complete electric motor driven Windlass/capstan from the States for about usd1800 plus shipping/taxes.

Anyone know someone local who may be able to do better prices?

Thanks

Vex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I am a certified winch monkey, who also wants to do some lessons :)

Will be out in Malahide in a couple of weeks actually, there's a school there (which is same company as one in Monkstown).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Ferdi, are you out in Dun laoghrie? (how the ferk do you spell that!?) I did a sailing course out there, and one of the instructers was called Ferdi.. He was well sound.. Worked in the Inss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭qmac

I have done alot of big boat sailing but I'm looking for adult classes in dingies.
    Have you guys made any further arrangements along these lines?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Check out Glenans if you have some holidays to spare and are interested in a 1 week course:

http://www.gisc.ie/

you will enjoy yourself!

Pete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Did ISA level 5 years ago, have powerboat level 2. Race Fireballs and some cruisers for bigger events. Still haven't figure out what way to tune a rig for all conditions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Not an instrucor........yet! I'm doing on of the levels can't remember which...Have been sailing practically all my life:) I'm starting a 3 week one on monday!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Western Cruiser

Vexorg wrote:
    Im looking for some sailing lessons:) would love to try dingy, but the courses want me to do dayboat.

Any suggestions? Its probably my advanced years that make them want me to do day boat:)

V.

There is a new ISA sailing School Hodsonbaysailing.com down at Hodson Bay in Athlone run by Phil Knowd. They have Backman 21 Sports Boats. Very Hi tech and High performance.

I think that they run adult sailing courses during the summer.

I do know that Phil has a superb reputation as an ISA Trainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 giggidtygig2

There is a new ISA sailing School Hodsonbaysailing.com down at Hodson Bay in Athlone run by Phil Knowd. They have Backman 21 Sports Boats. Very Hi tech and High performance.

I think that they run adult sailing courses during the summer.

I do know that Phil has a superb reputation as an ISA Trainer.

Yes I have heard of him, very professional...

• Advertisement
Advertisement