Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be still my beating heart. Gunstar Heroes for GBA!

Options
  • 11-05-2005 8:21pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=58994

It's also being developed by treasure. The only thing that could make me happier is if I could find the toe-rag who robbed my original Gunstar Heroes and beat the living **** out of him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

This was one hell of a game, frantic isn't a good enough word.

2 Player multi would also be fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Gunstar Heros was class. I remember staying up one night and battling my way through the entire game (a real achievement seeing as they were the days I never finished games).

I must actually go dig it out and no I didn't rob it on you Retr0gamer ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

That was an absolutely stellar game, I remember seriously wondering whether to save up for a mega drive just for that game....ah, memories...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH EXPLODE YESSSSSSSSSS WHOOOPIE ****ING DOOO YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YE S YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRAISE JESUS! BUDDHA! ANYONE! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I LOVE YOU ALLL I LOVE YOU LOVE LOVE LVOE LVOJFIjhuoewjh fiahn
    \OHfHFHUF
    {o\ih

OH THANK GOD!

i really like gunstar heroes...one of my all time favs (and yes like retro my copy got nicked too)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I remember seeing it on Gamesmaster and the reviewers really getting worked up about how it was such a brilliant game. I was blown away but at the same time saying to myself 'typical, another excellent game for the SNES'. Never realised it was the Mega Drive running since it just looked so damn good. I bought it immediately when I found out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A video from 1up was posted on the eurogamer forums:

http://gba.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3140199&did=12

It looks....weep..... beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Had to be one of my fav games in the megadrive.. 2 player was so good!!

ohno more weapon combinations :(*

i liked those. and the co-op was alot of fun...

still looks great and loads of retro references too

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*drool*
    That looks yummytastic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Looks sweet, can't wait to see how well it ports to the GBA, it would be pretty cool if they were to bring out a new dynamite heddy as well....but I think that's asking too much.

• Advertisement

i'm dragging this topic back up because i've just watched some videos of it in action on IGN here:

http://media.gameboy.ign.com/media/736/736628/vids_1.html?fromint=1

It looks absolutely amazing. In fact I think I had an orgasm during it so i'm off to check my pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I can't f***ing wait for this.

And with all this talk of new consoles... psh...

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

w00t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

OMG... Thats the game - I could not remember it for the life of me. It is my gaming heritage and my earliest gaming memory is that game on the sega. Sweet sweet sweet .... I can finally track a copy of it down now. Seriously , cant type , too overjoyed , w00t w00t w00t

Yep. It's one of the few games that come along every so often and remind you just why you love videogames.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Yeah , I'm gonna a buy a copy for my megadrive of ebay real soon. Ah , good auld nostalgia.... it's like I've been reunited with a lost family member

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Maynard.

Oh great. Have to shell out for a gba..

Oh btw, Green is the greatest video game character of all time! :D
    If hes not in the new ver there will be war.

BOOM

sorry that was my brain exploding from the sight of that boss...i'll just go get the mop...(continues to stare at video)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Contra except harder core! Thats what im thinking from seeing that IGN vid. I really liked the boss fight at the end there.

Well it's by the same team that made all the contra games up to and including Contra 3 (there is also a rumour that Konami hired them for the equally excellent Contra hard corps for MD).

• Advertisement

contra hard corps rocked! OH THE SO MANY MULTIPLE ENDINGS i still dont know if i got them all...or which one is the ultimate ultimate super ending. (i know i got all the way out to space a few times...)

There were 4 and another ending if you found the secret level in stage 3. I remember the ending when the last level was on a giant rocket firing into space took me a good 2 months to get good enough to reach. That game was fantastic. It's in my top 5 MD games with gunstar heroes, rocket knight adventures, shining force 2 and phantasy star 4.

never got into phantasy star...but your other top games i agree with...Rocket Knight alos had numerous endings i remember...But the sequel Sparkstar was insane...change the difficulty and the whole game changed.

Was really looking forward to sparkster and was really disappointed. It was more that they completely changed the gameplay. Every level of Rocket Knight Adventures played a little or very differently from every other level. Sparkster never varied gameplay drastically and had some awfully shoddy design. It was made by a completely different team. The SNES version was decent but nowhere near as good as RKA.

Advertisement