Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Mountain Bike...??

Options
  • 11-05-2005 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

This mountain bikes being offered by aldi tomorrow at 129 yoyo. I have trawled the net for further info on it but looks like they havnt offered this particular bike before..as i can't seem to get any reviews on it.

Anyone have any feedback on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Cheap and cheerful. It's a bike. You'd be better off spending another €80-€150 on a proper* MTB imo.

*By this, I mean an actual entry-level MTB as opposed to a cheap bike shaped like an MTB

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=253745&highlight=aldi

Looked up the shimao groupset on the web - looks like pressed steal for all the bits, inc brakes - was half thinking of getting it and putting the parts on an old Raleigh Lizard and seeing if anything on the frame could be for a recumberant.

Pedals are bound to be dodgy at that price - might want to budget for some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Thanks for the info lads. Read through the other thread - looks like I will leave it be.

Advertisement