Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTIreland 2meg - Muck tonight

• 11-05-2005 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Anyone experiencing really bad dl speeds this evening on BT?
    Getting 8kbyte/sec off microsoft.com

My connection generally always gives about 210k. Pings are perfect. Response times in browser seem snappy. Download speeds are atrotious..

Roachestown Avenue Exchange - South Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mimix

Emerson wrote:
    Anyone experiencing really bad dl speeds this evening on BT?
    Getting 8kbyte/sec off microsoft.com

My connection generally always gives about 210k. Pings are perfect. Response times in browser seem snappy. Download speeds are atrotious..

Roachestown Avenue Exchange - South Dublin

Dooradoyle Exchange limerick 133kbps (Close to ISDN speed) Should be 1.71Mbps

Support not open until 9:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

Caherdavin exchange, Limerick.

170/180 kbit since yesterday :( With UTV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Coltaine

I'm on the rochestown exchange as well but my speeds were fine last night and this morning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

AFAIK microsoft limit the speed at which files can be downloaded from them depending on the number of people simulteanously downloading the same file

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

In Limerick anyway there is a problem with the DSL. I rang BT tech support yesterday evening and they were aware of the problem since Tuesday afternoon. They said they've contacted Eircom about it as it's a problem in their equipment somewhere. He added my name to a list of people who've contacted them so I suggest anyone who's having problems to contact BT and get it logged.

The tech guy couldn't say how long it would take to fix but did say he'd give me a ring when it was done. Still wasn't fixed a few minutes ago anyway when I was at home.

Anyone on BT, UTV or Eircom are probably experiencing the same problem as it's the same equipment for all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

Yeah download something from heanet.ie to get a good realworld measure of your speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Or check http://www.irishisptest.com/myspeed/ for an even better measure of your down and up speed.

Advertisement