Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Episode III Revenge Of The Sith

Options
  • 11-05-2005 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

I saw this in the stores today, is it any good, the screen shots I saw didn't really impress me, but thats probably because I was also looking at screenshots for the movie

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I haven't played it, but from what I've gathered it looks like your average mindless action game... just run around the place and hit the action button here and there.
    Star Wars games have a history of dodginess, and movie spin-off games are often horrible... tie the two together and I don't imagine much coming from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

I thought it was pretty decent. Its very short, but its based on the movie, not the universe like say, Enter the Matrix, so it was never going to be the longest game in the world.

To be honest, theres nothing impressive about the game, the gameplay is good and everything else is average. You'd enjoy it a lot more if you're a Star Wars fan.

What I diddnt like was how limited you were, like say you want to jump onto a balcony or something, you have to stand in a glowing circle to do it, and another to jump back down. The entire game is basically: fight a load of guys, hit some switches, open a door with your lightsabre and thats it except for the odd turret you get to use. Then theres the boss levels which are duals with lightsabres, they're probably the best thing in the game. The blocks etc. look spot on and theres a good few moves to learn.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Got crucified by the IGN review - although IGN reviews don't have much respect in these parts...

xbox review...

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/610/610995p1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's selling like crazy where I work, but from the 10 minutes of it I played it was pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

House mate got it. It aint anything great. 6/10.

The versus dueling mode is fun for about 10 mins.

Until the sloppy controls piss you off.

The fact your character decides every now and again to turn away from your oponent giving them about 5 free hits is great fun.

Also the repedative attacks each character makes while the other holds down the block button for 5 mins is a laugh alright.

Very short as well. The lads pissed through very quick. 2 nights of very light playing.

Not worth buying, but worth a rent if you are a stars wars fan all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

It's selling like crazy where I work, but from the 10 minutes of it I played it was pants.

Yeah, Enter the Matrix sold like crazy aswell and that was pants. Don't know how they could get it so wrong when they had made the pretty good buffy and indiana jones games for the xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

pitty i was hopeing this would be allot like the kotor games :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Lego starwars is very fun

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Yeah, only played a demo of it, Lego Star Wars that is, and it was solid.

Won't sell though cos peeps will think its childish...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

It won't sell because.. well.. there's really not much of a game there. Don't get me wrong, it's good fun, but it it's very, very short - it would take even a novice gamer roughly a weekend to complete. More of a renter than a buyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I don't get it though... they spend years keeping everyting secret about the film and then release games and sticker albums and breakfast cereals the week before the film is due to come out revealing the entire plot.

I remember I thought I was safe just buying the soundtrack for The Phantom Menace before the film was released... but... gah... one of the tracks was called Requiem for Qui Gon Jinn...

I got the Lego Star Wars game... it's alot of fun... and I had my doubts as I wasn't too crazy about the Demo. But it looks great and plays very well. I haven't played the Revenge of the Sith levels yet though... I'm saving them until next thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Heh - I caved on the Episode III levels in Lego Star Wars because I really wanted to unlock the Episode IV level.

Advertisement