Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenrue Ltd- midland based builders - any experience?

• 12-05-2005 12:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

I am due to purchase a house with my fiancée very soon, and we are just doing the usual pre-paranoia house background check. The house in question was built by Glenrue Ltd., Building & Civil Engineering Contractors based in Kilcruttin, Tullamore, Co. Offaly. I can't find any information on the net about them. I am wondering if anyone here has had dealings with them such as has/had a house built by them (first hand or subsequent purchaser), what that house was/is like - noticeable defects in the workmanship, nags, praises etc etc.

Also, as there doesn't seem to be any better forum for this post (the Accommodation one is in the For Sale section), I hope its ok in here, based on the company's location.
    OR, can anyone suggest another forum I can ask this on???

Thanks,

Seanie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

cant help with the builder I'm afraid. :(

gl with the new place tho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

kaimera wrote:
    gl with the new place tho :)

Thanks, we'll take every bit of luck we can get!

Just to *bump* this, and to ask the mods, is there another relevant forum I can post this in? I might give FS/Accommodation a go...

I should also add, that feel free to PM me regarding your thoughts (if any), as I don't want any flame wars or libelloud comments regarding them posted in public, thanks! One poster has already done so, and I value his opinion, which came from a good source in a negative point regarding them, which I would prefer if people knew about it.

Seanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Seanie,

Gardening/DIY would be worth a look.

Is it a new build or an existing house.

• Advertisement

Occidental wrote:
    Gardening/DIY would be worth a look.

Is it a new build or an existing house.

Existing, 4 years old. The usual 3 bed semi-d cheap as chips and sold for far more than its worth... :mad:

Advertisement