Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carysfort Church (or is it?)

• 12-05-2005 12:17am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

Was knocking around Carysfort today, what an impressive campus! Wish the old school of engineering moved out there and put paid to the postgraduate (sorry, no unwashed allowed) business college. I spotted a biggish church as part of the main building? Just wondered if they still use it or is it locked up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I think it's actually used for exams sometimes. I seem to remember seeing a sign during the repeats last summer saying that some postgrad accounting class had an exam there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Yeah its an impressive campus alright - kinda looks like a stereotypical "real" college! i.e. what old colleges in the American tv shows look like :D
    Don't think I'd want eng out there though, cos we'd be out of everything that goes on on Belfield campus. Although our current metal and concrete home could do with a bit of a re-vamp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

back off, it's mine :p

this place was some kinda nun related thingy back in the 50's. THe church in deconsecrated. In a fair few place you can see the perches religous artefacts used to sit on but have since been removed.

Entrance hall is impressive, lecture rooms are very swanky, some nice touches around the place. I'll miss it

Advertisement