Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

not sure

• 12-05-2005 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

i have a cable isp (cablesurf) and am currently using a 4 port router (d-link, not wireless kind). and it works grand

i have a laptop, a pc, and use x box live.

the thing is i want to be able to use the laptop upstairs but cant run a cable up there (couldnt be bothered, no way to hide it etc).

so my question is this really. how can i do that or can i?

is there some-sort of wireless ethernet adapter or am i just talking crazy?

oh and i dont know if this matters but the laptop is wireless (one of theones lidl was selling last year, you know the one)

any help would be graciously accepted

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

not not stupid....

Anyway... depends how much money you want to spend... obviously you've already got everything working of the same workgroup? Then all you need is this(well if your doing it on the cheap...)

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=300828&cks=PRL

Just plug an ethernet cable into it... do some configuration... and voila... wireless upstairs...

Need to share an internet connection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭uggy

thanks. will that run off the router though or does it need the wan cable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 bridigo

Just get a wireless router, as cheap as an access point these days. I've got a new D-Link wireless router that I could give you for €50. I never needed it so it's unopened and also has a print server, so you can wirelessly use a printer as well.

Advertisement